Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed factory security now bike won't run

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Installed factory security now bike won't run

nightglide, It is never a good idea to lock the front brake while riding. lol. Nice web site. Cool photos.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

ORIGINAL: skyhead

The last two posts are correct. I called my local dealer and they told me I had the correct part and I had to bring it in the shop. I found the 'password learn' section here and will look at my service manual to confirm tonight. I'll try installing this again tonight and will let everyone know how it goes.

I appreciate all the responses and am really thankful you guys are here. Drinks are on me folks!

thanks
Dave
The ECM - TSSM marry procedure is in the electrical diagnostics manual not the regular service manual.

But, if you do a search of the DIY section of this forum you will find the procedure to use.

Don't be fooled when the light goes off early and think you can shortcut the times listed. You can't. And if you miss a light or muck it up you got to start over from scratch.
AND.... you be better off with the battery on a charger when doing all this procedure to keep from draining it down to the point you can't start her when done!

Old 02-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Gutman
Road Master

Pulling the lighting fuse also helps. Less draw, easy to pull and replace.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:51 PM
skyhead
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did the password learn and that did the trick, thanks everyone

Old 02-22-2007, 11:02 AM
ponesma
Cruiser

Skyhead, I got the alarm for xmas and have not put it on yet. I was going to have the dealer do it, but it sounds like I can do it myself. Did you follow the procedures in the DIY section? Were you able to put in your own pin, I did not see anywhere in the instructions where you can do that. I would like to save $100 by doing it myself, can you let me know you experiance.

Thanks,

Old 02-22-2007, 11:50 AM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ponesma

Skyhead, I got the alarm for xmas and have not put it on yet. I was going to have the dealer do it, but it sounds like I can do it myself. Did you follow the procedures in the DIY section? Were you able to put in your own pin, I did not see anywhere in the instructions where you can do that. I would like to save $100 by doing it myself, can you let me know you experiance.

Thanks,
The factory service manual outlines the proceedure as well.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:24 PM
ponesma
Cruiser

CNC when you say the "Factory Service Manual" are you talking about the $58 one you get from the dealer? I am actually going this weekend to purchase one, but I was not sure that was in there. I will check it out when I get it.

I would like to get the alarm installed, I have had it since xmas and it is the last part I have not installed yet. LOL

Thanks,

Old 02-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Gutman
Road Master

Call the dealer and ask if they will do the passcode learn for free since purchased there. If not ask how much for the passcode learn only. It takes 10 minutes and the computer does all the work. Tell them youwill have the data link plug out for them when you get there. It is simple to install and you can do the procedure without the dealer but it is a pain. They probably won't even charge you if you have the plug out, so all they have to do is plug in in and walk away.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:56 PM
skyhead
Advanced

its pretty easy to do, the alarm itself takes 15 minutes at the most. The learn procedure was easy to do it just takes a while. The section that says to wait 10 minutes or when the light goes off is right on as the alarm light goes off after exacly 10 minutes.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:19 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: ponesma

CNC when you say the "Factory Service Manual" are you talking about the $58 one you get from the dealer? I am actually going this weekend to purchase one, but I was not sure that was in there. I will check it out when I get it.

I would like to get the alarm installed, I have had it since xmas and it is the last part I have not installed yet. LOL

Thanks,
Yes. That is the correct one.

I have my alarm still left to install on my FLHX, but I did my wife's deluxe already.

Quick Reply: Installed factory security now bike won't run