Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mobil 1 sale at Advance Auto

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Mathnerd
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mobil 1 sale at Advance Auto

Advance Auto Parts has Mobil 1 on sale in their most recent flyer.
5 quarts plus a filter for $32.99 in store only.
No exclusions listed as to type so may be a great way to pick up some oil and filters.
I dont have one local to me otherwise I would be all over this.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcs...2013-flexi.pdf

Old 05-07-2013, 03:01 PM
cubalz
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 35 Posts

Go into ANY Advance Auto and ask them if you can get 5 qts of 20w 50 M1 V Twin instead of the car oil and the answer will ALWAYS be the same. No. Many have tried (including me) in many different Advance stores and none to my knowledge have succeeded. The v twin oil simply costs more per qt (minimum $11.00/qt whereas the car ones are $8.99/qt). Where it says "no exclusions" means no exclusions in the standard Mobil 1 car oil variations (except the high mileage ones which again, cost more) I use Mobil 1 in all of my Jeeps and Harley's and regardless of the cost, is worth it, IMHO.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:04 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

We don't have Advance Auto here in AZ......that sucks. I can however get it at a decent price on Amazon.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cubalz
Go into ANY Advance Auto and ask them if you can get 5 qts of 20w 50 M1 V Twin instead of the car oil and the answer will ALWAYS be the same. No. Many have tried (including me) in many different Advance stores and none to my knowledge have succeeded. The v twin oil simply costs more per qt (minimum $11.00/qt whereas the car ones are $8.99/qt). Where it says "no exclusions" means no exclusions in the standard Mobil 1 car oil variations (except the high mileage ones which again, cost more) I use Mobil 1 in all of my Jeeps and Harley's and regardless of the cost, is worth it, IMHO.
The Advance Auto near me stocks Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50. There was post on here not too long ago were you could pick it up for $6/qt.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...50-v-twin.html

To the OP, thanks for the info - I need to change the oil on the Explorer.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Ovaltine Jenkins
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cubalz
The only significant thing that makes the "V-Twin" oil different from typical automotive oils is that it does not contain friction modifiers, making it safe for use with a wet clutch. So if you're filling one of the holes that doesn't have a clutch, then the v-twin formulation is a waste of money versus Mobil 1 of the same viscosity anyway.

Any automotive oil which doesn't have the "energy conserving" tag on its API starburst symbol also doesn't have friction modifiers and is therefore wet-clutch-safe.

I use Mobil 1 15W-50, which is effectively the same except when cold, when it's a little thinner (which is beneficial.) There is absolutely no need to spend the extra for the V-Twin oil over the automotive non-energy-conserving Mobil 1 15W-50.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM
BigTKC
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Ovaltine said. M1-15w50 engine hole only.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ovaltine Jenkins
The only significant thing that makes the "V-Twin" oil different from typical automotive oils is that it does not contain friction modifiers, making it safe for use with a wet clutch. So if you're filling one of the holes that doesn't have a clutch, then the v-twin formulation is a waste of money versus Mobil 1 of the same viscosity anyway.

Any automotive oil which doesn't have the "energy conserving" tag on its API starburst symbol also doesn't have friction modifiers and is therefore wet-clutch-safe.

I use Mobil 1 15W-50, which is effectively the same except when cold, when it's a little thinner (which is beneficial.) There is absolutely no need to spend the extra for the V-Twin oil over the automotive non-energy-conserving Mobil 1 15W-50.
This = common sense = invalid. I do love a good "car vs motorcycle oil" thread though. Who said riding season is boring on the forum??

Old 05-07-2013, 03:32 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's fine to put in your car but in the bike.

O Reilly's has Mobil 1 V-Twin 20/50 on sale now for $10.99 not much of a deal!

Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Ovaltine Jenkins

Ed Zachary! I do the same. M1 15W-50 car oil in the engine, M1 20W-50 V-Twin in the primary and Redline w/ Shockproof in the tranny.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:25 PM
jjkrueg
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Just my .02 but check the spec sheets right on mobil's website. V-twin has a higher viscosity than 15-50 at operating temp.

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 sale at Advance Auto