Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reflash Vs. Power commander?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013 | 11:55 PM
Groucho1
|
Tourer
Default Reflash Vs. Power commander?

I had my stock pipes changed out to V&H headers. It seems to be running lean and I'm getting some pinging under light acceleration. My shop offered me a remap of stock settings for under 300.00. I think the Power Commander will be close to 400.
Any thoughts? What will the P C give me above the remap?

Old 05-07-2013 | 12:01 AM
Android
Tourer

You do not have to spend that much.

There are many options.

Look into http://sales.nightrider.com/Touring_c_16.html

Old 05-07-2013 | 12:05 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Groucho1
I had my stock pipes changed out to V&H headers. It seems to be running lean and I'm getting some pinging under light acceleration. My shop offered me a remap of stock settings for under 300.00. I think the Power Commander will be close to 400.

I went with the PowerVision from Fuelmoto.

1) You can get maps and support from them and/or DynoJet. Their maps will be much better than a stock or the HD stage 1 & 2 maps.

2) You can just reflash with the new map and ride.... or.... if you have O2 sensors, also be able to auto tune to dial in the map

3) You will be able to get additional tunes if/when your mods change

4) You can attach the PV to the bike to function as a set of gauges.

In my opinion, the best $499 I've spent on any of my Harleys since 1978....

Old 05-07-2013 | 12:21 AM
Android
Tourer
Old 05-07-2013 | 05:00 AM
Eshaw301
Outstanding HDF Member

Any of you "experts" ever think to tell the OP that his bike isnt running lean because of some slipons? I would start there first before I go throwing a tuner at it. All a tuner will do is mask the problem. And by the way...if you spend $400 on a power commander or $300 on a dealer tune, you will be back on here either crying about how you got ripped on the power commander or talking about how your dealer ruined your bike. Power commander can be had for $300 shipped and will be LIGHT YEARS ahead of the crappy dealer tune. Good luck fixing your lean condition and with your tuner selection.

Old 05-07-2013 | 06:08 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

I say go for the P-C V....shop around... Fuel Moto is a good place to staRT...Or you can spend around $100-$150 for the Xied's...I spent the money on the HD download and hindsight being what it is i would've saved my money.

Old 05-07-2013 | 06:12 AM
Wild Card
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
Any of you "experts" ever think to tell the OP that his bike isnt running lean because of some slipons? I would start there first before I go throwing a tuner at it. All a tuner will do is mask the problem. And by the way...if you spend $400 on a power commander or $300 on a dealer tune, you will be back on here either crying about how you got ripped on the power commander or talking about how your dealer ruined your bike. Power commander can be had for $300 shipped and will be LIGHT YEARS ahead of the crappy dealer tune. Good luck fixing your lean condition and with your tuner selection.
See there ''expert'' Harley's lean condition can't be fixed without a tuner or efi tune of somsort...so therefore its irelevent of the problem being slip ons or not.

Old 05-07-2013 | 06:28 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Groucho1
Is "my shop" an HD dealer?

Carl

Old 05-07-2013 | 06:52 AM
vegashd
Banned

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
Hey there "expert" looks to me he installed a complete exhaust, not just slip ons. Looks to me the suggestions are fairly spot on.

Old 05-07-2013 | 08:01 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

A Dealer "flash" is still epa compliant. Therefore, lean. Talk to Fuelmoto.

Quick Reply: Reflash Vs. Power commander?