Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reflash Vs. Power commander?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013 | 03:08 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

I got mine for $299 and you can do a lot more with it than a cheesy a download.

Old 05-07-2013 | 04:58 PM
instag8tr
Cruiser

I would remap with TTS over having a piggyback

Old 05-07-2013 | 05:06 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member

Unless your Indy is an extremely smart guy, and very computer literate, there isno way he can modify your ECM. I think you are being sold a bill of goods regarding the notion of a download.

Carl

Old 05-07-2013 | 05:24 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Groucho1
I did the complete exhaust system. I started with the S E slip-on's last year, then 2 weeks ago did the headers.
I won't use any adjustability...It's plenty fast the way it is. I'm just trying to get it adjusted so it doesn't run lean, and stops pinging.
It is not a HD dealer...It's a local reputable shop....

Any other thoughts?
Yeah, I don't think you understand what pearls of wisdom we are trying to offer or convey to you.

I think that you should listen exclusively to your shop and don't take any advice from any of us as I don't think that you think we know what we are talking about so better stick with your shop and their advice, otherwise you will not be happy.

Anything else you need help with?

Good luck.

Old 05-07-2013 | 05:35 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Yeah, I don't think you understand what pearls of wisdom we are trying to offer or convey to you.

I think that you should listen exclusively to your shop and don't take any advice from any of us as I don't think that you think we know what we are talking about so better stick with your shop and their advice, otherwise you will not be happy.

Good luck.
Agree, you can't believe the crap you read on the internet. Local Indy knows best.

Old 05-07-2013 | 06:12 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member

Wow! This thread sure went all crazy????
First there is no way I know of to do a ecm download without HD proprietary equipment (only available to authorized factory dealers) or a flash tuner (tts/seprt/PV). I would really question any non-authorized repair shop on a download without a tuner! Contrary to popular belief tuners and tuning is not just for power and/or speed! They are only way to get a modified, or even a stock bike, bike to run correctly (no pinging/popping/heat/black smoke/flat spots...)! Ya spent big money on your bike, spend a little more with a quality tuner!

Old 05-07-2013 | 07:26 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

A lot of "experts" have already chimed in ahead of me but I'll still give you my .02 cents worth ... 1. DO NOT DO A DEALER DOWNLOAD. IT IS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!
2. I'll bet a $20.00 bill to every penny that you'd care to wager that sooner or later you will do another/other modifications to your scooter that will require tuning adjustments to correct your A.F.R ( Air Fuel Ratio ) ...Having said that I would strongly suggest that you consider a Power Vision, and for the few extra dollars that you will spend, I would recommend that you get it from Fuel Moto ... for two reasons ... 1. Double the warranty length and 2. The service and support from them is second to none. The Power Vision has the ability to make adjustments within the ECM ( no piggyback package hanging off of your scooter ) and it can be used to do initial mapping. Once the modified map has been installed the Power Vision will continue to make adjustments to your A.F.R. ( by using readings from the retained Oxygen Sensors ) to keep your scooter running properly. This is really a No Brainer in the Fuel Injected World. You could go deeper by getting into "Wide Band Oxygen Sensors" and more intricate modifications but for getting the biggest bang for your buck ( and infinite tunability ) GO WITH A POWER VISION !!
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/site/power-vision.html

Old 05-07-2013 | 09:17 PM
Groucho1
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by lionsm13

Good luck.

Thanks for your advice....I think...But if you have read the replies..there is also 4 different opinions...
Since you asked...what kind of oil is better? Dino or Syn?

Old 05-07-2013 | 09:53 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Groucho1
Thanks for your advice....I think...But if you have read the replies..there is also 4 different opinions...
Since you asked...what kind of oil is better? Dino or Syn?
Better ask your indy shop, too many different opinions on that too.
It'll really confuse you.

Old 05-07-2013 | 10:46 PM
$tonecold
Club Member

Unless your Indy is an extremely smart guy, and very computer literate, there isno way he can modify your ECM. I think you are being sold a bill of goods regarding the notion of a download.
First there is no way I know of to do a ecm download without HD proprietary
equipment (only available to authorized factory dealers) or a flash tuner
(tts/seprt/PV). I would really question any non-authorized repair shop on a
download without a tuner!
Actually both of you are wrong on this point as Dynojet does have a shop version of the Power Vision where shops can buy the license and flash tune without needing to have a PV unit for every bike they tune. Not what I wanted, but it is available.
Grouch1, I agree with Uncle Larry that the shop download will be a waste of money. With your bike being a throttle by wire model the Power Vision is the way to go. With your bike having a stock tune and producing excess heat, you definitely want to use synthetic oil. Don't ask which one, that will really get em going.

Quick Reply: Reflash Vs. Power commander?