Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eglide ultra limited cams

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 07:59 AM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The S&S 570's will work well with your 103. Those are nice drop in cams for a stock 103 with 9.6:1 compression. Drop them in, ride it and have fun. Those cams will really wake up at 3000 rpm but still work well at lower RPM when you are slugging around town.

Another benefit is the S&S 570 cams have a nice idle with some pretty good chop. You're going to turn some heads when you fire up your bike.

Later, if you want more power, you can add a 0.030" head gasket and some mild head work to pick up some more power. Becareful when you do the head work not to exceed 10:1 compression AND be sure to check your CCP.

Good luck, nice choice.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Don't know what a "great deal" means, but I would never install a set of cams based on the fact that I got them for free or on the cheap.

I suggest you do a little more research, ride your bike for another year, try to resist the peer pressure, and eventually install the right cams in that bike for your "riding style". Not sure the S&S grind, as others have pointed-out, is the best for your bike with no top-end work. Better choices are out there.

And by the way, just because an owner installs or has someone else install Screamin' Eagle cams does not mean you preserve your warranty. Just ask a few of the guys here on the forum how that worked-out for them. And later, the CNA warranty is very clear on engine modifications if you are concerned about how the extended warranty might address new cams. When you crack that case, all bets are off. Some dealers are OK, most are not. Best to do the work yourself and be prepared to do what is necessary.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:04 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had my dealer install SE 255 cams new off the floor, and they said that mod would not interfere with the factory 2 yr warranty.
So, I did that and pulled them after the 2 year period and went Woods TW222 cams. You might check with your dealer on going with a HD cam to retain warranty etc.
The SE204 cams seem to be a popular grind for some of the baggers riders here too.