Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak side marker lights on Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Frank Dukes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tour Pak side marker lights on Street Glide

So i recently picked up a tour pak for my street glide - the only lights on it are the two side marker lights that run out the bottom into a circular connector. I have the manual, and all it really talks about is the ultra pak with a different connector. Is this connector hidden on my bike somewhere or do i need to buy a female connector and splice into the rear lights?

Old 05-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Frank Dukes
Tourer

*crickets*

nobody?

Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

I added the tourpak LED light kit to my 09 Road King and the wiring plugged in to the harness under the seat, by where it connects to the wires feeding into the back fender. You unplug the harness, plug in a "y" connector, replug in the original tail lights and plug the tourpak lights into the "y". Hope this helps you.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:48 AM
my67pnycar
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you looked under/around the seat? Thats where it is on mine. I know your bike did not come with a tour pack but deep down they should be same frame/wiring. Look for a plug that is capped off.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

What year is your SG?

Carl

Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Frank Dukes
Tourer

09 SG - im guessing i need some form of y connector to plug under seat. was just hoping someone could shed a little light before i headed to the dealer.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Sauceman
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You probably need the Ultra accessory harness. If you look at the wiring under the outer batwing cover on the clutch side you most like have a grey coloured harness connector with nothing plugged into it. That's most likely where the tour pak wiring comes from.

cheers

Old 05-07-2013, 11:27 AM
Tired
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,808 Likes on 1,759 Posts

You'll find the harness under your left side cover. As mentioned there is a "Y" kit you can get from the dealer. You are just breaking in to the existing harness with it. The kit will come with wire, connectors, and pins you need. You do have the crimping tool for the pins don't you?

Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I have lost track of the wiring on SG models in the past several years as it regards the "tour pak" harness on Touring fairing models. At some point, HD went to a circuit board to power the tri- bar light in the fender; previously they used the tour pak harness which created issues for SG owners wanting a lighted tour pak since the intended harness was already used for the fender light.

Buy a service manual and you'll know what you need.

Carl

Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Frank Dukes
Tourer

Well, as i said i have the service manual.. i found plenty of info on the ultra tour pak but none specifically for the bare bones pak. I looked at the harness under the left side cover and it does have a large and long unused harness but does not match the connector on my pak. looks like a trip to the dealer it is.

depending on price i may just tap into the rear running lights with some sort of quick connect of my own becuase i don't plan on buying any other lights or antennas or any of the other ultra pak goodies.

thanks for the help.

Last edited by Frank Dukes; 05-07-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Tour Pak side marker lights on Street Glide