Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying a Mustang seat....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Bipenut
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put the super touring mustang on my street glide and it feels great over the stock seat.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 PM
Bakdrft
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mustang seats to me ride on the coat tails of their name. I bought one. NO where in the description indicates that the seat is a FULL inch forward and much wider in the driver. Im 6 foot tall and need a seat that ISNT closer but farther from the tank. Everyone buys one and I have heard nothing nut negative posts. Im glad I sold mine and bought a real seat.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 PM
Rickl
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakdrft
Mustang seats to me ride on the coat tails of their name. I bought one. NO where in the description indicates that the seat is a FULL inch forward and much wider in the driver. Im 6 foot tall and need a seat that ISNT closer but farther from the tank. Everyone buys one and I have heard nothing nut negative posts. Im glad I sold mine and bought a real seat.
Only negative in your view. There are a lot of happy Mustang purchasers. I'm more than satisfied with mine.

Last edited by Rickl; 05-10-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

purchased mine just for the inch up,inch back.... took about 200 miles to break in. do 300 mile ride and never had issues.. good investment in my humble opinion

Old 05-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Gunslingertom
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickl
Bought my Vintage Solo without tying it from Dennis Kirk. Love it!
Me too.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:14 PM
Ben E
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Vintage solo put me up and forward about a half inch. Great firm seat with long ride comfort. I really have no comparison except stock.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A Mustang seat is the first thing I buy for every new bike. Wouldn't have anything else. I have a super solo I need to post in the classifieds. I bought it to move me back 1.25" and down some. Unfortunately, the extra width of the 17" is a bit too much for my inseam. I ordered a regular vintage solo which is 15" wide and it's the one that fits me. I've had Mustangs on my last 4 bikes and love them.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 PM
cnntnsxty
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a beautiful Le'pera seat which I love but for a 300 mile ride I put the Mustang on. I would like if it rode a little lower though.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:04 AM
HardyHarHarley
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakdrft
Very unusual Bakdrft. Every seat I've ever read and researched made by Mustang indicated whether that particular seat moved the driver's position and if so, the direction and exact distance is shown. Perhaps doing a little more research before purchase would have solved your after-purchase issue.

Personally, I would never spend hundreds of dollars on something so important as where my butt is going to rest for hours on end without researching it thouroghly first. But that's just me.

Jim

Old 05-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

I've had 3 mustang seats and loved them all. I have 2 different ones for my Streetglide now, a Sport Touring for the wife and a Solo Wide Day Tripper with the backrest for me. The solo I a awesome seat, especially for someone who has back problems such as bulging disk. I've rode up to 500 miles in 1 day on the sport touring seat and all day on the solo so either seat will provide you with all day comfort.
Mustangs 10 day policy is great for I have personally used that to my advantage twice. I bought the regular Daytripper when I first got my bike and worried about the wife on long rides and sent it back for the Sport Touring seat, which is the 2nd one of these I've had. Then bought the Solo Daytripper without the back rest and returned it for one with the back rest.
Customer service is #1 in my book and the seats are awesome.

Attached Thumbnails buying a Mustang seat....-101_0588.jpg  

Quick Reply: buying a Mustang seat....