Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying a Mustang seat....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 12:06 PM
rockajet1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mustang Seat Feedback

Originally Posted by Mustang Seats
Thanks for the great evaluation of your experience with your Mustang!
This is to whomever is posting on behalf of Mustang seats. First off, welcome as a sponsor to the Forum and please take these comments in the spirit in which they are given. You would do both Forum members and Mustang a great service by providing specific, empirical comments in response to Forum members' comments and questions about Mustang products. With all due respect, all I am reading is basically cheerleading in agreement when anyone makes a positive comment about your products. You are in the unique position to provide the answers and suggestions which no one else is. Thanks.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Bakdrft
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ??huh??

Originally Posted by brocan
Can't go wrong buying sight unseen , have had 2 so far, 1 on a Fat Boy and now one on my Street Glide. Wife bought one an put on her 2011 Wide Glide as well, we love them. All day riding comfort. You'll be god u ordered it.
Cant go wrong? Hmm you are lucky then, I bought one and it did not fit me at all. I wont buy sight unseen AGAIN!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 513 Likes on 357 Posts
Thumbs up

I had bought a used Mustang Wide Vintage seat for
my 2000 Heritage (ebay)

W/O a doubt the MOST comfortable seat I've ever had.
(Numerous Corbins on diff models, stock seats etc)

I'll keep my eyes open for one for the E/Glide.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:31 PM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had a Mustang solo on my RK for about two years now and no problems at all. I've done day trips 7-8 hrs and the seat is great.

BTW - I don't work for Mustang, and this is not a paid endorsement.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails buying a Mustang seat....-img-20130331-00068.jpg  
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,696 Likes on 1,369 Posts

I purchased the wide touring seat for my '10 Road King. I went back to stock. What you asked is the best way to determine, you have to sit on it to first see if it fits out of the box. I was told that mine had to break-in, took up to 1000 miles. Still uncomfortable. Then I was told it might take another 1000 miles. Never broke in so I am back to stock and a pad for now.

At least the mustang pan is better and if I have a custom seat made, the can use that pan. Wish I had tried it on someones bike before I bought mine.

Some guys have great luck with off the shelf seats, I wish I was one, but I must have a custom ***.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Mustang Seats
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rockajet1
This is to whomever is posting on behalf of Mustang seats. First off, welcome as a sponsor to the Forum and please take these comments in the spirit in which they are given. You would do both Forum members and Mustang a great service by providing specific, empirical comments in response to Forum members' comments and questions about Mustang products. With all due respect, all I am reading is basically cheerleading in agreement when anyone makes a positive comment about your products. You are in the unique position to provide the answers and suggestions which no one else is. Thanks.
Thank-you for your feedback. Mustang appreciates all HD Forum endorsements and we try to assist when technical questions arise and cannot be helped by other Forum members. Mustang works hard behind the scenes to provide the best service to all our customers.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 AM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my Mustang seat from Dennis Kirk. DK has a 90 return policy. I thought that would be enough time to decide. You really need to spend some time in the seat to decide.

I did sit on a few seats at local bike shows, including Mustang seats from their tent. The problem is you get a few minutes on the seat. You need to ride it for a while to decide if you (and your butt) really like it. I bought a Mustang Vintage Super Solo and the matching passenger pillion for my Ultra. After a 600 mile, two day ride, the Mustang seat I bought did what I wanted it to.

I will say the Mustang seat I bought is a nice piece, well built, good foam, top grade vinyl and it looks appropriate on my Ultra. The thing is heavy too, some might equate weight with quality, if so this thing is it. It's much heavier than the stock HD seat.

My Vintage Super Solo sits me up a little and back a little. It's not so high that I had to change my windshield. It's got a firm sit but that is good as I can ride all day with out gettting butt burn. With the soft stock HD seat I would get butt burn at about 2 hours in the saddle.

I'd recommend trying a Mustang through Dennis Kirk with their 90 day return policy.
Good luck.

Last edited by equandt; 05-07-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:04 PM
michaelm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe Mustang offers a refund/exchange if you buy directly. I love mine and think their rider's backrest is the best in the business.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelm
I believe Mustang offers a refund/exchange if you buy directly. I love mine and think their rider's backrest is the best in the business.
It does but it is only 30 days vs Dennis Kirk's 90. Not to mention DK is cheaper and free shipping.

just sayin'...

Rax

Old 05-10-2013, 06:34 PM
TheGrayOne
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading all the opinions offered here(thanks everyone), I decided to just order the dam thing.
My Mustang Regal seat arrived today. It took me 5 minutes to swap seats. For some reason I thought there was an installation kit, but it installed exactly like the HD seat.
Ive taken it for one short ride of about 1/2 hour, and I am sold on the comfort. I do sit higher than on the previous seat, but I'm tall, so it isnt an issue for me.
The price of the seat, Mustang #75465, has come down a bit lately, perhaps because it fits models through 2007, and sales might be slipping for aftermarket items for older model years. In the 6 weeks Ive been looking into this seat the price has dropped about $20. I paid Dennis Kirk $253.18 including $10 shipping. Ive seen other other online vendors lower their prices recently.
Agan,. I really like the seat. Thanks again for all the advice everyone!

Quick Reply: buying a Mustang seat....