Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

comparing price of Road Glide & Road King

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007 | 07:58 PM
roadglide65
Tourer
Default RE: comparing price of Road Glide & Road King

Thanks TowJam.

Old 02-20-2007 | 08:06 PM
roadglide65
Tourer

ORIGINAL: johnny canuck

if a dealer sells 14 to 15 Ultras to one Roadie...what is your resale value going to be and how hard will it be to unload it?

For me ..... not looking at the resale bought mine to enjoy and when this one is worn out I will buy another RoadGlide and hopefully wear that one out also.

Old 02-20-2007 | 09:19 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member

If you look at used ones you hardly see a Roadglide with low miles. The folks that buy these, ride these.

Old 02-20-2007 | 09:43 PM
nightglide
Road Master

Its all in the ride!!!!! the RG is the only way to go and you get more for the $$$ toooooooooo................

Old 02-20-2007 | 09:45 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member

now this I did not know--just damn

ORIGINAL: TowJam

same issue with the SG and EGC within $100...
Good point.

And to take it a step further, I just did a check of the EGS and the Road King. The base EGS is $1250 cheaper than the base Road King and yet has the fairing and full instrumentation.

This is nuts.

Old 02-20-2007 | 11:10 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: roadglide65

ORIGINAL: johnny canuck

if a dealer sells 14 to 15 Ultras to one Roadie...what is your resale value going to be and how hard will it be to unload it?
Not hard at all - used Road Glides are pretty rare, and the ones I've seen sell quickly and at a higher price than the more common Ultras.

For me ..... not looking at the resale bought mine to enjoy and when this one is worn out I will buy another RoadGlide and hopefully wear that one out also.

Old 02-20-2007 | 11:11 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: TowJam

Riddle me this Batman... (oops, showing my age)

The base price of the Road Glide is only $350 more than the base price of the Road King standard. Given all the extra farkles the come standard on a Glide - fairing, cruise, radio, full instrumentation, cigarette lighter socket, etc. I would think that the Glide would be significantly more expensive.

My question: Why only $350 price difference? The cruise control kit alone is almost $350. Does the extra bling on a King really jack the price up that much? Or, what is the Glide giving up so that the price is in line with a Road King?

(One reason I'm asking is because my dealer has a vivid black King shipping today and for some reason, I'm seriously considering taking a look at it.)
I traded in a '06 Road King on my '07 Road Glide - no regrets whatsoever. MUCH smoother ride, and it's sweeeet around corners.

Old 02-21-2007 | 01:27 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: lkr0

same issue with the SG and EGC within $100---the SG looks cool on the floor---but after I gotit and bought a tour pak, rear crash bars, passing lamps and other do dads --- I asked myself WIF did you not just buy a EGC?

Somethings I just don't understand about me---I remain a mystery to myself.
I know just where your comming from, I added Custom passing/turn signals, Farring lowers, chrome sliders, rider backrest, SE Slipons, Tourpack, Chrome controls, and now
cruise control... I may beadding a CVO 110 engine this fall... I Know"should have bought a CVO.."

The answer to your statement "not understanding" is Hindsight is 20/20, My bike is the chit, and I still go to the dealership and drool over the ULTRA...

I was going to get a Ultra, but they sold the fire red/black pearl i had picked out... Also the ultra was 24,000, so opted for the
StreetGlide. Oh, I first bought a 04 Electra Glide Standard, Could have just did all this to it....

Like I said, Hindsight is 20/20, but doing all the mods is the most exciting thing, like Christmas when I was a kid...

Old 02-21-2007 | 09:45 PM
cornholio
Tourer

The Black and Chrome engine of the Road King vs. the Silver engine of the Glide is around a $1000 difference.

Old 02-21-2007 | 09:49 PM
TowJam
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: cornholio

The Black and Chrome engine of the Road King vs. the Silver engine of the Glide is around a $1000 difference.
They're both powder coated. I'm not sure why the price difference (although I do like the black coating better)

Quick Reply: comparing price of Road Glide & Road King