Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

0903 service bulletin question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:41 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 0903 service bulletin question

I just bought my SG in January. When I put my vin# in on the hd web site, I don't get the bulletin, but from what I've read, and the way it runs in the lower rpms, it sure feels like I need it. Any chancethatI do on a November 06 build date bike?

Old 02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
THABULL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 0903 service bulletin question

ORIGINAL: SG 1

I just bought my SG in January. When I put my vin# in on the hd web site, I don't get the bulletin, but from what I've read, and the way it runs in the lower rpms, it sure feels like I need it. Any chancethatI do on a November 06 build date bike?
Can't answer your ? but I'm having mine done tomorrow when I take it in for the break-in service. Mine was born 9/06 and I did get the service bulletin when I checked.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:20 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your bike vin didnt pull up a notice then it is already done. Your build date is past the implemented remap program start but you can have them check it at the dealer its simple for them to check by just pluging in their test meter. Dont understand what you mean by the way it runs in lower rpms?

Old 02-20-2007, 03:15 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check the HDweb site and run your VIN.Dont expect HD to mail you anything saying so.I never did get a recall notice from them.Takes your $ and forgets about you.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Stinx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My street glides Vin indicates I need the update. I currently only have 500 miles on the bike. I love how min runs,I have no issues with it. A buddy had the remap done and hates it. I think I may wait until im at the end of the waaranty and do it then.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Most likely yours was done at the factory or possibly done at the dealer before you bought it. Find out for sure as it might be important to you when making decisions on future tuning options.
For instance, if you decide on a pre-mapped Power Commander they
will need to know.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stinx

My street glides Vin indicates I need the update. I currently only have 500 miles on the bike. I love how min runs,I have no issues with it. A buddy had the remap done and hates it. I think I may wait until im at the end of the waaranty and do it then.
You dont have to do it at all, its not required just recomended.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

If your bike vin didnt pull up a notice then it is already done. Your build date is past the implemented remap program start but you can have them check it at the dealer its simple for them to check by just pluging in their test meter. Dont understand what you mean by the way it runs in lower rpms?
I will definately have them check it at my 1000 mile service. What I mean by the way it runs in lower rpms is that it just doesn't feel right in any gear above 2nd lower than 2500 rpms. I feel like I have to shift between 4th and 5th constantly. Guess I'm still getting used to it, only 360 miles. Eventually I will get more free flowing exhaust and intake and some kind of fuel manager. Maybe that will give it more giddy up in the lower rpm range.