Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Door Opener

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Tin Man 1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage Door Opener

We recently moved. Our Harley garage door opener worked flawlessly at our previous house. This house has a Chamberlain Liftmaster garage door opener. When I connect the Harley receiver to the garage door opener, our key fobs for the garage door opener work fine, but the remotes in our vehicles will not work unless we are directly under the opener in the garage. They will not activate the opener from outside the garage door. Does anyone have the Harley receiver connected to a Chamberlain Liftmaster opener that can give me some ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Tin Man

Old 05-01-2013, 07:43 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tin Man 1
We recently moved. Our Harley garage door opener worked flawlessly at our previous house. This house has a Chamberlain Liftmaster garage door opener. When I connect the Harley receiver to the garage door opener, our key fobs for the garage door opener work fine, but the remotes in our vehicles will not work unless we are directly under the opener in the garage. They will not activate the opener from outside the garage door. Does anyone have the Harley receiver connected to a Chamberlain Liftmaster opener that can give me some ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks,
Tin Man
Does the opener have one of the multi function wall buttons? There have been reports of problems with them and the HD opener. Temporally disconnect the wall button and see if it works.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We had a small issue, had to program the Harley one about 4-5 times in a row the programming button is on the front of the plug in,before it actually took, but everything works as it should... Actually works better than the remote itself

Old 05-01-2013, 01:19 PM
xcrider
Novice

I had mounted the receiver next to my opener and had the same problem. I ended up moving the HD receiver over to a wall and ran the two wires over to the opener. My range came back on all my Chamberlain remotes and also the homelink in my car.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 PM
rockajet1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the HD garage door opener that works via flashing the high beams, also with a Chamberlain Liftmaster, and it has worked flawlessly from the get go. My receiver is plugged into the ceiling right over top of the opener. Have you checked the batteries in your car remotes?

Old 05-01-2013, 10:15 PM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem. Got rid of it and bought a "flash to pass" and it works perfect. There is something with the Harley receiver that interferes with the garage door receiver.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Chamberlain/LiftMaster/Craftsman openers with the multi-function door switch (the one with temperature, indiglo, etc) draws too much power from the opener itself and causes the secondary opener (H-D) to not work. I ended up buying a regular Chamberlain wall switch on amazon for about $12 and that solved the problem.

mikebaby

Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Tin Man 1
Cruiser

Thanks for all who replied. I have new batteries in the remotes. The Chamberlain Liftmaster wall switch has a large open/close button, lock button, and light on/off button.

I disconnected the HD opener receiver from the Garage door opener and the remotes in the vehiclles still wouldn't work, the small key fob remotes have always worked. The HD receiver was pulled in directly above the garage door opener. I unplugged the HD receiver and the vehicle remotes seem to work fine. It appears that the HD receiver is interferring with the Chamberlain Liftmasters ability to receive the vehicle remotes signal.

Although I prefer to have the the HD receiver installed directly above the opener, I guess I will have to locate it elsewhere and hope it works.

Tin Man

Old 07-06-2013, 03:47 PM
BadBilly49
Novice

I too am experiencing problems with the HD receiver and the Chamberlain Professional Garage door opener. My problem seems to be limited range...I can't get farther than 15 feet from the reciever and the signal from the transmitter won't open the door.
However...I just have the basic wall switch installed and NOT the fancy digital one, so that's not the issue.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:01 PM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had a couple of the Harley units and their receiver interfere with many of the regular garage door receivers.

I switched to one called flash to pass and it works perfect. It's also a lot easier to hook up.

Take a look here: http://www.f2ptechnologies.com/products/

I actually bought mine at a local Honda shop for about $100. Tons better.

Quick Reply: Garage Door Opener