Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Russell Day Long arrived...heaven

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013 | 01:10 AM
redeye93
|
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Russell Day Long arrived...heaven

My Russell Day Long seat arrived today exactly like they said it would. It puts me a little higher than I was used to. It feels like you're on the bike instead of "in" your bike. They warned me it would put me an inch to an inch and a half higher, so I was prepared for that. I'm thinking about maybe lowering the bike a little to compensate. I used to be flat footed with my knees slightly bent, but with the seat, my knees are no longer bent. Not really a big deal. Let me tell you though, as for riding it the 20 miles today to try it out, that thing is worth every penny! It feels so good! The support is excellent. Now I know why those iron butt guys swear by them. I can't wait to go on an extended ride to see if my dreaded tailbone burn is gone. I'll report back if I get some miles in this weekend. So far, so good. for Russell Day Long. Here's a pic...

Attached Thumbnails Russell Day Long arrived...heaven-seat.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013 | 02:12 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The kids will tell you those things are not cool. But comfort is much more cool than a slick look. They are just to young to know any better. Good luck with the seat and let us know what it feels like after you have been on the bike all day. Most seats are doing good just to make it two hours, let's see what yours will do.

Last edited by jjnoble; 05-01-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2013 | 04:52 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
From: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

It aint pretty, lets hope she is comfy!

Old 05-01-2013 | 04:55 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Nice, looks like it has your butt taken care of....comfort!

Old 05-01-2013 | 06:10 AM
Pine Tree
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by redeye93
My Russell Day Long seat arrived today...
I've had two Day-Long's and enjoyed both of them. No, they're not the best looking seat...but most get them to actually ride some real miles.

FWIW, I really liked the all-leather seat more then the vinyl.

Old 05-01-2013 | 06:19 AM
sgl0226
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I had one on my BMW R1200RT. It is by far the most comfortable seat I've ever had. That includes Sundowners, Mustangs, and a host of others. To me there was no comparison. Those other seats were very comfortable for me, but the Russell is amazing.

Old 05-01-2013 | 07:17 AM
Travler
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might not be the prettiest, but your rear end will like it! Love mine...

Old 05-01-2013 | 07:20 AM
Duc
Road Captain
Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

To quote Deuce Bigalow
"That's a HUGE Bitch!"

Bet it's comfy as hell

Old 05-01-2013 | 07:30 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

redeye, good to hear that you like it. i just set up an order and production date for the end of may. how long was it before you got it back after your production date? i forgot to ask how long it would take. i have a dual and i'm getting my back rest done on my tour pac. it ends up being "ton-o-bucks" but if it works, it will be worth it. sounds like we might be about the same size. my feet are comfortable on the ground but from the sounds of it they might be just barely by the time i get it back. keep us posted on the miles. interested to know if it helps the tailbone. i get shots every year to help dull the pain of riding. hopefully the extra support will help that problem. get out there and put some miles on that thing and report back.

Old 05-01-2013 | 11:45 AM
redeye93
|
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cass
redeye, good to hear that you like it. i just set up an order and production date for the end of may. how long was it before you got it back after your production date? i forgot to ask how long it would take. i have a dual and i'm getting my back rest done on my tour pac. it ends up being "ton-o-bucks" but if it works, it will be worth it. sounds like we might be about the same size. my feet are comfortable on the ground but from the sounds of it they might be just barely by the time i get it back. keep us posted on the miles. interested to know if it helps the tailbone. i get shots every year to help dull the pain of riding. hopefully the extra support will help that problem. get out there and put some miles on that thing and report back.
My production date was 4/11. It ended up getting there 4/15 (didn't realize it would take almost a whole week to get there.) They said 2 weeks from production date until I got it back. Like clockwork, it showed up yesterday. It's not all that ugly of a seat to me, but an ugly seat for a fugly works! It's not as sleek and sexy as my other seat or the stock, but man it felt good. This is one of those rare opportunities I will take function over form. I'll update after I've logged some miles on it.

Quick Reply: Russell Day Long arrived...heaven