Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Russell Day Long arrived...heaven

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013 | 12:32 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team
Veteran: National GuardVeteran: Navy
Received 1,672 Likes on 1,089 Posts

Originally Posted by redeye93
They warned me it would put me an inch to an inch and a half higher, so I was prepared for that. I'm thinking about maybe lowering the bike a little to compensate. I used to be flat footed with my knees slightly bent, but with the seat, my knees are no longer bent.
Something else he/they say on the web page is that you might have to relearn how to put your feet down. Namely to scoot forward on the seat when standing. Have you tried that?

Old 05-01-2013 | 01:34 PM
Chucks1911
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 14 Posts

I love mine. I got it at 20% off as part of a group buy this past winter. I sent in a Tallboy to be reworked. It definately moved me up an inch or so too. I have been thinking about the progressive shocks to lower mine that inch.

Old 05-02-2013 | 08:44 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

i rode about 300 miles yesterday to the rehobeth/delaware shore area and back. i had a layover for a couple of hours so i wasn't too bad on the way back but i sure was thinking that it sure will be nice to get the seat done. a little worried about the increase in height but maybe it will give me that extra look over the windshield. keep us posted.

Old 05-02-2013 | 08:56 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This one major buy I am really wanting. I got a Mustang and I love it...the wife hates it. Makes her whohoo numb she says...sigh. So RDL is next step

I give 2 ***** less if it "purty" or not. I want comfort damnit

I couldn't tell by the pic for sure but it looks like you got vinyl instead of leather? Keeps us updated when ya get some miles on the bad boy and let us know how you like it then please!

Rax

Old 05-02-2013 | 09:05 AM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redeye93
I can't wait to go on an extended ride to see if my dreaded tailbone burn is gone.
Your tailbone burn WILL be GONE...The Day Long is the best seat I have ever purchased...Took me 4 different seats to get there...This seat is well worth the money spent...Trust me...If it weren't for having to stop for gas every 180 miles I could sit on that thing all day with no issues. Love mine!

Old 05-02-2013 | 09:06 AM
cass
Road Warrior

it is a major purchase for sure....i'm splurging with heat and leather and its @ $1200 now, not to include shipping both ways. make sure that if you purchase it and you want it specificly for the wife, make sure you include pics of both of you on the bike. i only sent pics with myself and got the "average" passenger build as my wife only rides a handful of times during the summer and they aren't normally that long.

Old 05-02-2013 | 09:15 AM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmy B
It aint pretty, lets hope she is comfy!

Old 05-02-2013 | 09:18 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cass
it is a major purchase for sure....i'm splurging with heat and leather and its @ $1200 now, not to include shipping both ways. make sure that if you purchase it and you want it specificly for the wife, make sure you include pics of both of you on the bike. i only sent pics with myself and got the "average" passenger build as my wife only rides a handful of times during the summer and they aren't normally that long.
I am for sure going all leather. Almost all the boys on Iron Butt says it's the best way to go. I am up in the air on heated seats tho.

For sure gonna have momma on. We prolly ride about 85% time together so her comfort is as much, if not more important than mine. Happy wife, happy life...a motto I live by lol

Rax

Old 05-02-2013 | 09:20 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Congrats! I have never heard of them. The most comfortable seat I ever sat on was an "Ultimate" seat - oh man, those are NICE!!!! I haven't went on a multi-day ride with my new corbin yet..... the most I've riden it is maybe 250 miles in a day.....

If it doesn't work out for me, Ultimate here I come :-)

Old 05-02-2013 | 09:26 AM
cass
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Raxus
......... so her comfort is as much, if not more important than mine. Happy wife, happy life...a motto I live by lol
yup, learned that long ago....if momma aint happy, ain't nobody happy.

Quick Reply: Russell Day Long arrived...heaven