Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Hawk seat cushions

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:59 PM
osudvm
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Air Hawk seat cushions

Hey guys, for those of you that use the Air Hawk cushions do you 1) prefer the Air Hawk , Air Hawk 2, or Air Hawk R? 2) with the Harley standard seat on an Ultra Classic, which one fits best for the rider and which one for the passenger? I heard they do not fit well on Harley seats. My wife and I will be taking some weekend trips and probably won't be in the saddle for more than 2-3 hours at any one time before taking a break. So I am not sure if I need to spend the extra for the Air Hawk R but if it is the best way to go in most people's opinion then I would. I know the Air Hawk R only comes in one size. I really appreciate in advance you sharing your personal experiences with the Air Hawk. Thanks

Old 04-30-2013, 09:53 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

This is the cushion you fill with air correct? Not to hyjack your thread, but it seems thick and wonder how high it lifts you? I went to great lengths to sit flat-footed and cant spare any height so this is important.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:13 PM
osudvm
Tourer

Originally Posted by TUCCI
This is the cushion you fill with air correct? Not to hyjack your thread, but it seems thick and wonder how high it lifts you? I went to great lengths to sit flat-footed and cant spare any height so this is important.
Yes, you fill it with air but not a lot of air. They say the biggest mistake is putting too much air in it. I do not think it would increase the seat height too much based on the videos I watched.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

I've had the Air Hawk for years. Switched to the R for the extra...umm space???LOL up front. If I'm going for more then just an hour ride, it goes with me. I throw a sheep skin cover over it to help hide it and keep it in place. I use my old Air Hawk (cruiser med) everyday on my desk chair while on the puter. And throw it on the back seat when my bride comes with me.
Remember not to put more then just a few puffs of air in it. Just enuff to lift your butt off the seat is all that is needed.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:15 PM
HDJIM1158
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

less is more, you end up using very little air. I have the AirHawk R and the wife has the Regular Airhawk. We are using a Corbin Dual touring saddle. If you have to adjust your mirrors, or sitting higher then normal, you are using too much air. Check out YOUTUBE for more info.

Be Safe JIM

Old 05-01-2013, 09:00 AM
2manytoys
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the original AirHawk and it worked great but I always thought it bunched/ballooned in the front and in the tail bone area. They came out with the "R" version which adressed both issues. I love it! Use it on long trips only, I just throw it on the seat without the attachment straps and it stays in place. The other advantage is my butt never sweats because of the air vents built into the sides of the cover. When I get off the bike for an extended amount of time I just throw it in the TP or saddle bag.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 AM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 AM
glenalt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the older AirHawk that I use my Limited, it fits good and works great. I just throw it on the seat, no straps. Love it.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:10 AM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 202 Likes on 137 Posts

I just bought an Airhawk R and really like it. It is a little small, but I have to admit my butt fits on it just fine.
Since I got it I have been keeping it in a saddle bag for when I need a change and extra cushion. The rise, when filled with little air as I am supposed to do, is minimal.
It is definitely a quality product and a nice change for tired hip bones and pressure points.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master

Three years ago I bought an air hawk II looking for relief. I was so sore from riding my Dyna, I couldn't even sit on the couch without pain when I got home after a long ride. It cured my trouble completely. Following instruction I just added a puff or two of air into the blatter...just enough for it to feel a little squishy. Since I've owned it, no trip is too far. I'm a believer. I bought a second bike recently, a Road King. It's got a Sundowner touring seat and do not find the need so far to swap it over. But I will if I need to.

Quick Reply: Air Hawk seat cushions