Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto 107 kit or SE heads with cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 PM
dankFLSTF
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Moto 107 kit or SE heads with cam

Need opinions on what the best bang for the buck would be. I have a 2011 FLHTK 103 and am thinking on taking the bike up to fuel moto to install the 107 kit on the bike or taking to the Harley shop and have them install cams and SE heads leaving it at a 103. The cam for both builds would be the TW222 or TW555. I already have the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 heads and mufflers with the SE race tuner. So what do you think?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 PM
rapson13
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well it all depends on what you are looking to accomplish with the bike. in my opinion if you just looking for some more hp then get the level B heads from fuel moto and do the cams. If you are looking for the full package tq and hp then do the complete 107 kit with the level b heads. Just from what i know about motors just doing a 107 kits is okay but in order to get the most out of it you need to let someone do your heads in order to maximize the 107's potential. So i would send your heads to fuel moto let them do their thing to them you can have your dealer do the cams and put the heads on for you but its a simple job you can do yourself, not a whole lot to it. you can always swap the jugs out later if you want to go to the 107 but first you need a good set of heads.

The following users liked this post:
xcbullet (09-21-2017)
Old 04-30-2013, 08:58 PM
rapson13
Cruiser

also i just think there are way better options out there then screaming eagle products for the money you are going to spend on them you can choose one of the big names in head work and have them do it for you and will see better results.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:04 PM
dankFLSTF
Advanced

How does the Fuel Moto level b heads compare to other heads out there?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:08 PM
rapson13
Cruiser

go to their site and check out the dyno sheets with the numbers some of the best out there. They have great reputation with the work and there combo is proven. Headquarters also does really good head work as well. If you are going to have your heads done with a good company you are going to spend between 750-900 depending on who does it for you and what you are looking to get out of it. Fuel moto's level b heads provide great power through the whole power band not just down low or up high and that is all in how they do their head work. You can let who is going to do your heads know exactly what you are looking for and they can do the head work accordingly.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:10 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All I can add is that the FM 107 package I purchased from them was a very well placed together combo. Absolutely love the power in my SG...... I'm kinda a ol' school street rod guy, therefore I went with the TW777's. Maybe next month I'll take the bike to our cabin in the Smokies for some two up riding in the hills.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:15 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FM 107 with PV tuner

oldhippie (09-21-2017)
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM
stogieluvr60
Cruiser
Default Need to know......

[QUOTE=dankFLSTF;11238126]Need opinions on what the best bang for the buck would be. I have a 2011 FLHTK 103 and am thinking on taking the bike up to fuel moto to install the 107 kit on the bike or taking to the Harley shop and have them install cams and SE heads leaving it at a 103. The cam for both builds would be the TW222 or TW555. I already have the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 heads and mufflers with the SE race tuner. So what do you think?[/QUOTE

Much can be gained by adding the correct heads and cams to what you have now for a lot less $$$. Having said that, the Fuel Moto 107 w/ B heads results are substantial. Your stock heads, worked over by someone with the whole build in mind is more than enough for a street build like you're talking about. No real need to buy new castings, just make yours fit the rest of the build. Send those stock heads to Hillside or Vee-Twin with a 10.2:1 compression ratio in mind, a set of S&S 570's and your exhaust and you will be well over 100hp and over 110 tq at 103 and be able to use your stock pistons and barrels saving $$ again.And to muddy the waters even further, how about this http://www.head-quarters.com/html/new_products.html ? Pretty good results with stock heads huh? Tough choice .......and a word of warning........be careful about performance work at the dealership. Not saying yours is like this but many only know SE and many can't tune for chit. Words for the wise.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't do all of that hodge-podge stuff as mentioned by the first answer to your question. If you're going to have work done on it, do it all at once and let fuelmoto do it so that it's "balanced". You won't beat their price compared to any MoCo kits.

oldhippie (09-21-2017)
Old 05-01-2013, 11:02 AM
dankFLSTF
Advanced

I called Fuel Moto today and had a nice visit about what I would like to have done. It looks like for 107 kit, and level b heads it would cost around $3200 for them to install.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto 107 kit or SE heads with cam