Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS Duals Sound?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:39 PM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
Default MGS Duals Sound?

Looking for an exhaust system for a 2013 Ultra Limited and looking for some feedback on the MGS Duals. Do they have a nice deep rumble that sounds like a Harley? I don't want anything that sounds raspy. How is the quality of their pipes? How do the duals compare power-wise to Fuel Moto's 2-1-2 headpipe?

Old 04-29-2013, 07:56 PM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have MGS true Duals and absolutely love the sound. It has a nice deep growl when you get on it and when cruising it mellows out nicely so you can still hear your tunes on the highway.
They look and sound great. I don't know how they compare to 2-1-2, but they have a stepped header which helps with performance for a true dual setup. I love mine and I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that had them that didnt like them. I have called with all kinds of questions and Mike and the guys are always available to answer any questions. You won't be disappointed with MGS True Duals in my opinion.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyFLHX
I have MGS true Duals and absolutely love the sound. It has a nice deep growl when you get on it and when cruising it mellows out nicely so you can still hear your tunes on the highway.
They look and sound great. I don't know how they compare to 2-1-2, but they have a stepped header which helps with performance for a true dual setup. I love mine and I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that had them that didnt like them. I have called with all kinds of questions and Mike and the guys are always available to answer any questions. You won't be disappointed with MGS True Duals in my opinion.
I second that..........

Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I looked at a lot of options before I decided on the MGS. At idle they have that nice low Harley rumble that "almost" sounds like the potato-potato exhaust of the old pans and shovels. Cruising or putting around they sound almost stock, just a smooth low rumble that lets you know you're on a Harley. But roll that right grip and they open up with a roar that is unmistakably Harley Davidson V twin. Needless to say....I love mine. And their chrome is second to none. They look as good as they sound. I spend several hours on the phone with Chris and he patiently answered all of my sometimes inane questions.

Something else to consider. None of my riding friends have complained when riding behind me. I've received several compliments on the looks and sound, especially after I added the chrome tips.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
moosedrool
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mgs exhaust

love my mgs exhuast ,my bike has a 103 se bb kit and se cams has a nice sound at idle,riding around i still can hear stereo.roll on the throttle sounds great.customer service at mgs cant be beat,i just picked up my bike in jan 2013 had super trapp exhaust on it,to me it sounded like a v rod now it sounds like a harley should. 98hp 106 tourqe

Attached Thumbnails MGS Duals Sound?-img_0931.jpg   MGS Duals Sound?-mgs-exhaust.jpg  

Last edited by moosedrool; 05-10-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:06 PM
desertwolf
Road Master

The way the pipe off the rear cylinder is routed - any issues with heat on the passengers' leg?

Old 05-10-2013, 12:08 PM
desertwolf
Road Master

Originally Posted by moosedrool
love my mgs exhuast ,my bike has a 103 se bb kit and se cams has a nice sound at idle,riding around i still can hear stereo.roll on the throttle sounds great.customer service at mgs cant be beat,i just picked up my bike in jan 2013 had super trapp exhaust on it,to me it sounded like a v rod now it sounds like a harley should. 98hp 106 tourqe
What cams are you running?

Old 05-10-2013, 12:19 PM
drive2live2ride
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a fan of MGS pipes. They did start to get a little loud once the baffles broke in. I bought the pillow wrap from fuel moto...that stuff usually works great, but I left a trail of fiberglass from Arkansas to California last fall. So now I wrapped the the baffles with a steel mesh first, then the pillow wrap and they now sound even deeper at low RPM's and not too loud wrapped out at 90 mph on the freeway. Performance is excellent too. Diff between FM 2/1/2 for me is mainly sound. I like the separated sound of the duals. I had FM 2/1/2 and sold them because of the sound. They were excellent quality and I'm sure the dyno would show somewhat better numbers with them, but I just love the sound of true duals. Mike at MGS is a great guy to do business with. The heat of the rear pipe does not bother me and the wife says it does get a little warm but nothing she can't handle on our 5000+ mile summer rides so no biggie.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:27 PM
moosedrool
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was told my bike the cams are SE-259E. my wife said she noticed a difference in heat with.mgs exhaust gets warm but not crazy hot like the supertrapp exhaust did when i got the bike in january
the old owners sending paperwork on engine.runs great from idle to wot at 6,250, mgs exhaust sounds great once i put miles on the exhaust it sounded better to me nice deep sound

bike i traded in in january was a 2004 road king classic rinehart true duals,wife didnt like exhaust got really hot on her left ankle in calif summer heat,we both like the sound but not the heat

Attached Thumbnails MGS Duals Sound?-img_0845-3.jpg   MGS Duals Sound?-2828.jpg  

Last edited by moosedrool; 05-10-2013 at 12:52 PM.