Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Shock Air Pump

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 09:36 PM
Black Gator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

No, you don't want to try and use a bicycle pump. We've already had this discussion recently. Just use the search box and it'll explain why.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:51 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Gator
No, you don't want to try and use a bicycle pump. .
BS, The small bicycle pumps work just fine. I have used mine for 3 years now. Has a small analog gauge attached to the pump and there is no air loss when disconnecting. Bicycles have air shocks too, that is what these are sold for and cost less than $20 at Walmart. Probably the same company that makes the HD one, Korean International I believe.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:57 PM
rleggs
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
BS, The small bicycle pumps work just fine. I have used mine for 3 years now. Has a small analog gauge attached to the pump and there is no air loss when disconnecting. Bicycles have air shocks too, that is what these are sold for and cost less than $20 at Walmart. Probably the same company that makes the HD one, Korean International I believe.
I'll have to take a look at the walmart pump, never seen one there. Is it as compact as the HD one so you can throw it in the saddlebag?

Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 PM
rpking
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthpawHD
I just picked up a RK yesterday, and still getting used to everything. But will a standard bicycle pump work? I really don't feel like spending another 50 bucks.
yep a bicycle pump works just fine
I use one without any problems

Old 04-28-2013, 10:32 PM
dulley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the new pump today and it works great

Last edited by dulley; 04-28-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Matt0987
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Gator
Yea, nothing like the correct tool for the job. Seems like another H-D accessory rip-off but the thing really works well. If you've got a Touring bike and still have the air shocks you really need one of these pumps.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Matt0987
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
Yes, I bought one at Walmart that works just fine. It's a small one that bicycle riders can carry on their bike. Less than $20 if I remember right.
The bicycle pumps I remember - the small ones that one takes on a ride - did not have a gauge on them. You had to have a separate hand gauge to check the pressure. The HD one has the gauge built in. It also has a design that does not let the pressure drop when you unscrew it for removal. It also has a button to allow air out when it is connected in the event you have conditions change and need to slowly release pressure. Perhaps you are going from 2 up to a single rider. Or, you have unloaded from the main ride and are now riding locally without all your gear.

The HD pump is a nice tool.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by rleggs
I'll have to take a look at the walmart pump, never seen one there. Is it as compact as the HD one so you can throw it in the saddlebag?
Yes, compact pump fits right in saddlebag and YES, it has a built in gauge. Mine is made by BELL. Here is one on their web site http://www.walmart.com/ip/Beto-Shock-Pump/11065183

Last edited by KCFLHRC; 04-29-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:28 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I exchanged it today. New one works great.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the Harley version and like it. A little pricy compared to the bicycle pumps but I like that it has a short input stroke so as not to get a huge increase in air pressure. Also seems to have a longer hose than the bicycle pumps I came across and I like the scale on the gauge; easy to read and a wider scale-gap than some of the other pumps, making it easy to be more precise.

Quick Reply: Harley Shock Air Pump