Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Perforated Leather Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 04:23 PM
OneOhFifthRKC
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Perforated Leather Jacket

I have a HD perforated leather jacket. It is a great jacket I wear it from 35-85 degrees outside temps. Mine has a zip-out quilted vest for colder weather.

It is my favorite jacket, better than my old Hein Gerike vented jacket.

I have a mesh jacket that I use when the weather gets hotter.

Here in Va. the humidity goes up as the heat does.

I do put CE level shoulder and elbow pads in all of my jackets now.

While riding the HD perforated jacket doesn't feel heavy or bulky (for leather), even with the armor installed.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:20 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jake.h
I think this statement is a little misleading. The shirts appear to be designed for different uses (e.g., uniforms),while being constructed with the same material. I bought my jacket from these guys for about 450 back in 08. Plus, not all mesh is the same. Many manufacturers coat their mesh with polyurethane, which melts into the skin. I think paying 400-500 bucks for a top of the line mesh jacket seems reasonable to me. Interesting which product your post focused on...
The black mesh long sleeve shirt that they show in their web page for $399.00.....A jacket for that kind of coin yes, a mesh shirt, come on.......

I have the Vanson Mesh Shirt and their mesh jacket with armor. The Vanson stuff will not melt into your skin on a get off also.... I think I paid $350 for the jacket last year.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:40 PM
Curlybill
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

I have a Harley 3 xl perforated leather jacket. It is hot in the summer and cold in the fall. I bought it because I don't like riding without a jacket. If you are moving above 35 mph its not bad. It is a great looking jacket but I have started wearing a vest instead.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:23 PM
graysonbornhunter
Intermediate

I'm going to stick with Fox Creek. Great quality plus I'm from Independence and like to support the local guys. Their products are the best quality you can buy.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 PM
agedwards63
Road Master

I'd go the mesh route with body armor mine is comfortable up to about 95 deg (with good movement) they have a insert for the Hydro-pack things. I've never tried them but I bought one this winter & intend to try it this year. Now this was on my V-Rod not sure how it will do with the fairing & stuff. The reason I like them is I dont have to put on a bunch of greasy **** sun tan lotion

Old 04-27-2013, 10:07 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I have a HD perforated leather jacket ad was wearing it tonight as a matter of fact. I like the jacket, it breathes very well, and I put the accessory armor in it. Still it is too warm once the temps get above 90 or so. Especially in stop and go traffic.