Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD NEWS on Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:47 AM
baxy35
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD NEWS on Satellite Radio

Gee,I wonder which recieving units are going to work after the dust settles.XM or Sirius?I believe they use different technology.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:16 AM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: jmacdonald5

Whoaaaa there vegashd.."stupid statement?", me thinks you should chill...I don't need "depth, or history', to respond, "just the facts mam. What did they pay Stern?, 200 mil?. They didn't get much for it. XM may or may not be anyone's cup of tea, but if 1 share of XM is fetching 4+ shares of Sirius, it don't take a genius to figure out who is the power player in the game....
the price of shares does nto mean anything, it also has to do with the quantity.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've had XM for about 3 yrs and love it. Living in remote areas here in the high desert mountains (35+ miles from the nearest town with a stoplight in it) it's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm a talk radio junkie andhave XM in the house at home, in both cars and on my Electra Glide. I wouldnt even have satelliteTV if it weren't for the family, I don't even watch TV anymore, primarily listen to the XM talk and also the old time radio shows/programs.

We'll see if this merger improves things or not.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:03 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Here is what I got from Sirius:

February 19, 2007

To: SIRIUS Subscribers

Today is a very exciting day for SIRIUS customers. As you may have heard, SIRIUS Satellite Radio and XM Satellite Radio are merging to form the nation's premier audio entertainment provider.

This combination of our two offerings will benefit you - our loyal listeners. As a single company, we'll provide superior programming to you every day with the best of both SIRIUS and XM. Currently, XM and SIRIUS broadcast a wide range of commercial-free music channels, exclusive sports coverage, news, talk, and entertainment programming. Howard Stern. Oprah and Friends. The NFL. MLB. NBA. ESPN. CNBC. Fox News. Additionally, the combined company will be able to improve existing services such as real-time traffic information and rear-seat video as well as introduce new ones.

After shareholder and regulatory approvals, we anticipate that the combination will be finalized by the end of 2007. Until then, both companies will continue to operate independently. We will continue to provide you with the uninterrupted service - as well as the outstanding customer support - that you have come to expect and enjoy from SIRIUS. We do not anticipate any changes in your service during the merger process, however, please call our customer care team on 1- 888-539-7474 should you have any questions.

We look forward to the many benefits this combination will offer and continuing to make your listening experience an enjoyable one - offering more of the Very Best Radio on Radio.

Stay tuned,

Mel Karmazin, CEO

Old 02-20-2007, 08:56 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW! Haven't seen people so touchy since the "Hyper-Charger" discussion war on another forum...

Old 02-20-2007, 09:14 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE:Some "depth and history"..

Facts is facts....

Old 02-20-2007, 09:46 AM
smknflms
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RE:Some "depth and history"..

...news mentioned they were going to offer "ala carte" individual channel subscriptions.
Later

Old 02-20-2007, 09:59 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...news mentioned they were going to offer "ala carte" individual channel subscriptions.
THAT would be nice - for me, there's only about 6 channels on XM ah listened to regularly, and when renewal time came up a coupla weeks ago, I made the decision not ta renew - it jest wasn't worth it to me. I primarily listened ta the talk segments, an' frankly was tired of payin' someone ta listen ta commercials. Tried their comedy channels - the "all ages" one had LOTS of repeats in it, and the "adult" one jest had way TOO much unnecessary profanity fer mah tastes - sounded more lahk a buncha kids sittin' around sayin' all the "naughty words" they shouldn't.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

THAT would be nice - for me, there's only about 6 channels on XM ah listened to regularly, and when renewal time came up a coupla weeks ago, I made the decision not ta renew - it jest wasn't worth it to me. I primarily listened ta the talk segments, an' frankly was tired of payin' someone ta listen ta commercials. Tried their comedy channels - the "all ages" one had LOTS of repeats in it, and the "adult" one jest had way TOO much unnecessary profanity fer mah tastes - sounded more lahk a buncha kids sittin' around sayin' all the "naughty words" they shouldn't.

Same here, i listen to about4 channels. NFL, Patriot, Fox News and Raw Dog every now and again. But then they will probably charge 2 bucks a channel or something crazy.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:41 PM
TattooYoo
Advanced

Holy crap! My stocks went through the roof! Talk to ya later.. Going to the stealer for a new ride WOOOO!

Quick Reply: GOOD NEWS on Satellite Radio