Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD NEWS on Satellite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Cache
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GOOD NEWS on Satellite Radio

It's about time!!

Tired of XM, but my Chevy came with it as did my wife's sled.

I just want my Nascar races! Bummed out XM lost it to Sirius!

And my #20 radio show. Go Home Depot!

Old 02-19-2007, 09:17 PM
07RoadGlide
Banned

Sounds like a Monopoly to me. Can't be legal.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
vegashd
Banned

Was just a matter of time for Sirius...they so over-paid for Stern there was nuttin left in the coffers...smart move for XM...

tHat was a very stupid statment with no depth or history. Sirius has been doing just fine. they were stealing XMs programming for the last two years.
What was left on XM? Baseball? i think.... .maybe Bowling... LOL

I am so glad that Sirius has the upper hand......

Now maybe JUST maybe I can get the built in Reciever for my HD and get Sirius programming!!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:46 PM
ndotken
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Bigredone

Only good can come out of this, I hope.
Not so sure about that statement. Less competition is rarely good for the consumer. At least the merger faces some serious anti-trust regulatory hurdles.

ORIGINAL: vegashd

Sirius has been doing just fine.
Not so sure about that statement either. Sirius reported a loss of $163 million in the last quarter. While I wouldn't call that "doing just fine," it was better than the $229 million loss reported by XM during their last quarter.

Obviously the pie was not big enough to slice up two ways. I'm guessing the execs got together and decided they could either 1) continue to outspend each other into dual-bankruptcy, or 2) merge the two companies, pool revenues, reduce staff and slash programming costs. With nearly $400 million in combined losses in the last three-month reporting period, you can bet your a$$ that some serious changes will occur. I'm a Sirius subscriber and I smell a rate increase in the near future.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:07 AM
sims5
Cruiser

The FCC still has to approve and they never will.........wouldn't let Dish Network and Direct TV get together.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Dioglidesx2
Advanced

This thing is a long way from being a done deal! It could be a year before this comes to pass and that's only if it gets regulatory approval. I own Sirius stock and also am a subscriber. It's slated to be a stock trade with 4 and a fraction shares of Sirius shares for each share of XM. Sirius is at about 3.70 and XM is at about 14.00 a share today.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:21 AM
ppilotmike
Road Captain
Received 106 Likes on 57 Posts

I have been with XM since its inception, as there were no radio stations in the high desert at the time. I have enjoyed it all the years I have had it. I remember meeting the smartass that started sirus at an AOPA convention and decided on the spot they would never get a dime from me. Good thing there are plenty of radio stations up here in MI because I will cancel my subscription on the spot if the merger takes place.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:38 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Whoaaaa there vegashd.."stupid statement?", me thinks you should chill...I don't need "depth, or history', to respond, "just the facts mam. What did they pay Stern?, 200 mil?. They didn't get much for it. XM may or may not be anyone's cup of tea, but if 1 share of XM is fetching 4+ shares of Sirius, it don't take a genius to figure out who is the power player in the game....

Old 02-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Dioglidesx2
Advanced

When and if it's all done Sirius will own 53% and XM will have 47% . Looks to me like Sirius is the power player!

Old 02-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmacdonald5

Whoaaaa there vegashd.."stupid statement?", me thinks you should chill...I don't need "depth, or history', to respond, "just the facts mam. What did they pay Stern?, 200 mil?. They didn't get much for it. XM may or may not be anyone's cup of tea, but if 1 share of XM is fetching 4+ shares of Sirius, it don't take a genius to figure out who is the power player in the game....

They paid Sterne 500 million!!Don't forget Martha Stewart,she makes 30 million for four years.That's 106 million dollars a year for 2 employees .
Another reason they are having profit problems is (IMHO) is that every new Sirius equipped Chrysler product comes from the factory with a year of free Sirius and they are sitting on the car lots already activated which means that they are counting those (unsold) automobiles as Subs.GM only gives 90 days which means they start making money from Subs in 90 days instead of 365.

Quick Reply: GOOD NEWS on Satellite Radio