Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

been a while

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:49 AM
PostmanII
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default been a while

Yes,it has been a while since I have posted,but I have kept up with my reading.Health issues and work have pretty much kept my riding sporatic.

#2 son bought a new Ninja,we have put on a few miles,not many,his first bike.He is still learning,but coming along just fine.(he's 21)Don't know what took him so long,he has been around bikes his entire life.

Like I said,age and physical abilities have caused me to rethink some things,like a trike or a sidecar.Should I choose a trike,I want a trailer also for camping gear.

I found an article on the Harbor Freight pull behind MC trailer, good write up with some good ideas on making it better.Using aluminum strips for re-enforcement and weather strip for sound deadening.BUT,I can't find it anymore! Can some one help me out on this article,sure would like to read it again.Thanks-Will.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:20 AM
TheGeek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't help you with the trailer, but a trike or a side car? I would say a trike. I have friends that have both, the one with the side car says it's a beatch to turn with. On the other hand my buddy with the trike has been on two wheels for 45 years and went with the trike because of health reasons. He says he is getting it down now because you can't lean into a corner like on two wheels and he says he is starting to really enjoy it. If I had to give up the two wheels, I would go with a trike.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 AM
Glewislimited
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO I would get the trike. I have a cargo trailer I pull sometimes, and I had a kiwi kamp pop up that I pulled a lot. I have a sidecar on a bike that's fun but I wouldn't pull anything behind it. I've rode the new trikes and they handle really well. They changed the frame in '12. So if you want to pull a trailer I think trike is the best option. Hope this helps. Gregg