Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud Pipes /Scremn' Eagle or Rush

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Mr Pou
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loud Pipes /Scremn' Eagle or Rush

ORIGINAL: 211Chuck
OK" I got the Peacemaker mufflers put on Friday night,
it took one and a half hours from time I jacked it up till
I put it down for the first test ride!

www.peacemakersexhaust.com

I hope this info. helps people out there that could use
a great product like this...
This looks like a good solution for me, what fuel injection adjustment are you running/using?

Old 02-05-2008, 10:21 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think it would be tough to adjust fuel with these. unless you were able to switch maps on the fly. You would be changing the flow of the muffler and you would have to change your mapping.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Mr Pou
Advanced

ORIGINAL: FLHT

I would think it would be tough to adjust fuel with these. unless you were able to switch maps on the fly. You would be changing the flow of the muffler and you would have to change your mapping.
I am hoping someone here has run these pipes with Tmax autotune, and can comment on how well it works.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:57 AM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clear the air, We sell lots of Rush mufflers, so have lots of experience with these.
The small baffles are quiet (1.5) The large baffles are loud(2.50)
All the ones we sell have the 1.75,never have any complaints. Great quality too.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:16 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: billybobsrk

After reading many posts I've come to the conclusion that all performance slip ons are loud (some more than others). There are several riders like myself who are looking for that set of pipes with the Harley rumble that won't make their ears ring after a long ride.
http://fuelmotousa.com/rush_fuelmoto

I had the 1.75's on for a year and installed the custom baffles two months ago. They are quieter than the 1.75's and produce a 4HP and 8TQ increase, equal to a 2-into-1 system or very close. You can hear your stereo and ride all day without your ears ringing. For me, it's just what the doctor ordered.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Mr Pou
Advanced

ORIGINAL: iclick

[I had the 1.75's on for a year and installed the custom baffles two months ago. They are quieter than the 1.75's and produce a 4HP and 8TQ increase, equal to a 2-into-1 system or very close. You can hear your stereo and ride all day without your ears ringing. For me, it's just what the doctor ordered.
Will I be able to get out of my neighborhood at 6:30am without waking folks? If so, I'm almost sold on the fuelmoto/Rush custom baffle/PCIII/air intake. I just don't want to be pissing off the neighbors...

BTW, iclick, I like the look of your bike. That slammed solo tour pack balances perfectly with the batwing...very good look!

Old 02-05-2008, 12:03 PM
backnasaddle
Tourer

I wish everyone could have the pipes I have. They are a reverse bologna cut slip onwith no manufacturer's name name anywhere on them. The have a solid rumble at idle, deeploud bark on accel. and a nice smooth not too loud tone at cruise. I bought the bike this way. I've got the best of both worlds. I just wish I knew what they were. I love'em!!!. '05 EG TC88, Stg. 1.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM
bkpa
Cruiser

This has been a great post. It seems that a lot of us are in the same position, we don't want that ringing in the ears, bark on the throttle. I have run the Rinehart true duals, had the V & H Ovals on my '07 and totally agree, they are too loud, at least for me.
Not to hijack this post, but has anyone ran the SuperTrapp SE's?Only 3 db louder than stock, and are supposed to have a nice "Harley" rumble. I was thinking of running the stock pipes on my SG for a few thousand miles just to see if they "break in" any and become a little louder. They do sound nice, I think better than years previous for a stock pipe.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:52 PM
joe_martin79
Advanced

ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: billybobsrk

After reading many posts I've come to the conclusion that all performance slip ons are loud (some more than others). There are several riders like myself who are looking for that set of pipes with the Harley rumble that won't make their ears ring after a long ride.
http://fuelmotousa.com/rush_fuelmoto

I had the 1.75's on for a year and installed the custom baffles two months ago. They are quieter than the 1.75's and produce a 4HP and 8TQ increase, equal to a 2-into-1 system or very close. You can hear your stereo and ride all day without your ears ringing. For me, it's just what the doctor ordered.

Billy Bob,

These sounded like the ticket for what I've been looking for. I was ready to order a set until I found out that I'd have to install a Power Commander (or equivalent) to run them. That kinda' put a damper on things. I'll bet they do sound good though!

Joe

Old 02-05-2008, 06:00 PM
joe_martin79
Advanced

ORIGINAL: bkpa

This has been a great post. It seems that a lot of us are in the same position, we don't want that ringing in the ears, bark on the throttle. I have run the Rinehart true duals, had the V & H Ovals on my '07 and totally agree, they are too loud, at least for me.
[align=left]Not to hijack this post, but has anyone ran the SuperTrapp SE's?Only 3 db louder than stock, and are supposed to have a nice "Harley" rumble. I was thinking of running the stock pipes on my SG for a few thousand miles just to see if they "break in" any and become a little louder. They do sound nice, I think better than years previous for a stock pipe.[/align]
I haven't tried the SuperTrapp SEs although I have been interested in them. If the sound-bytes on their site are any indication they sound pretty awful though. Of course that could be due more to bad recording than bad sounding pipes.

I'll put in a blurb here for a pipe that I've seen badmouthed but I've had a set and really liked them. The Cobra billet tipped slip-ons are the mufflers I'm talking about. The ones I've run were actually part of a "true dual" pipe set I put on my 2005 Vulcan 1600 Nomad. They were perfect, deep rumble, loud enough to be respected but not annoying on a long trip. (The other Cobra slip-ons, based on the sound bytes on their site, are louder. Anybody besides me think that maybe the slash cut bounces more sound off the road?) They also have a lifetime warranty against bluing and mfg. defects. They have only one down-side that I know of, the billet tips smoke up after you ride a while and have to be cleaned with a chrome cleaner. Now, the more I look and can't find what I'm looking for the more I'm leaning to putting up with cleaning the billet tips every now and then.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Joe