Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Glide to King

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013 | 10:34 PM
Miltonkid
6th Gear

Nice!!

Old 04-17-2013 | 10:40 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

First Congratulations, glad you're happy!
Question? Why is the King better than the SG? I've owned a slew of Harley's but never a king...ride a 12 SG now...just wondering....
Me, I like the radio, cruise and have put a chopped tour box on mine...but I just gatta ask...
What's better to you...and I get it that likes are subjective....

Old 04-17-2013 | 10:51 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior

I did the same thing, but I kept my 12 Ultra and found a used 09 RK. I might sell the 12 Ultra, but haven't decided yet.

Originally Posted by Casper
but I just gatta ask...What's better to you...and I get it that likes are subjective....
For me, I wanted something that gave me more wind in the summer, was more nimble and still had the benefits of the touring model. For me, the fairing made it feel like less of a motorcycle, if that makes any sense.

The Ultra is like an Escalade, the RK is like a Vette.

Old 04-17-2013 | 11:12 PM
AngryEchoSix
Intermediate

Sounds like a sweet bike, but for whatever reason, whenever I try and click on an attached image, I get the "You're not allowed to do this" message...LAME

Old 04-18-2013 | 12:29 AM
roost812
Tourer

Love the two tone color and the hard bags. Congrats, I have an '08 RKC and with the add ons i can go from bare to full touring. Yup RK's are great steeds...

Old 04-18-2013 | 04:29 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Clubber
I did the same thing, but I kept my 12 Ultra and found a used 09 RK. I might sell the 12 Ultra, but haven't decided yet.

For me, I wanted something that gave me more wind in the summer, was more nimble and still had the benefits of the touring model. For me, the fairing made it feel like less of a motorcycle, if that makes any sense.

The Ultra is like an Escalade, the RK is like a Vette.
Thanks, if the trading/selling bug hits I may have to look deeper into the King....

Old 04-18-2013 | 04:57 AM
FLHR09
Advanced

Nice bike - enjoy!

Old 04-18-2013 | 05:06 AM
brihvac
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Casper
First Congratulations, glad you're happy!
Question? Why is the King better than the SG? I've owned a slew of Harley's but never a king...ride a 12 SG now...just wondering....
Me, I like the radio, cruise and have put a chopped tour box on mine...but I just gatta ask...
What's better to you...and I get it that likes are subjective....
I really never liked it since day 1. The ride was always harsh to me. I dumped a ton of money into it with various windshields and seats and I got it tolerable. One day a dealer had the Harley trailer there with factory demo rides. I road the King and fell in love. I realized I bought the wrong bike with the SG. It was just perfect for me and if I wanted to ride it "open" I could. I always wished I had bought the King in the first place. The wife got tired of hearing me and told me to stop putting money into a bike I really didnt like. I put it on Craigslist, then after dealing with the ******** that offered me ridiculous money for it, I had a guy that made me an offer I could not refuse. I set the price high on Craislist so I had plenty of room to come down, and it worked out pretty good. Never really listened to the radio and I have a Goldwing also if I want to listen to tunes.

Old 04-18-2013 | 07:06 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior

Nice looking ride, congratulations. Did the same two years ago and will never look back. This is my third and last RK, long live the King.

Old 04-18-2013 | 07:07 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

I went from an Ultra Limited to a Road King Classic, best decision I ever made. Went through 2 bikes before I bought the bike I should have bought in the first place. Congrats on your new ride.

Quick Reply: From Glide to King