Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great riding weather recently...a few pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013 | 03:57 PM
kdfcogwheel
Tourer

You must have purchased the bike in Japan. I noticed no Tour Pak lights. Also another license plate holder has been added. I visited Japan for 21 days in 2011. I went from Tokyo to Sasebo on Kyushu. I used the JapanRail pass. My daughter told me that the road tolls are very expensive. Do you take secondary roads as much as possible? My daughter and son-in-law once drove from Sasebo to Fukuoka and the tolls cost over $100. The speed limit there is also ridiculously slow. Something like 80km/h on the highway. Gas can be quite pricey too. Somewhere between $6 and $7 per gallon. Apart from all of that, the island nation is a lot larger than we would think and the topography is absolutely stunning. I believe the distance from Tokyo to Sasebo is over 1000 miles.

Old 04-15-2013 | 04:45 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member

Great pics and thanks for sharing!

Old 04-15-2013 | 04:59 PM
nirschl
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by cmtaylor
Great pics!!! Does the side trim on the tour-pak completely block out or replace the lights??? Would like to find some sort of trim but want to retain the lights...
Hi there, there are no lights on my tour pack. That's how it came from the factory I'm told on the 2010 FLHTK. Or at least exports models maybe?
I would not mind installing the rear brake light kit, but have not done so yet.

Cheers

Old 04-15-2013 | 06:25 PM
nirschl
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by kdfcogwheel
You must have purchased the bike in Japan. I noticed no Tour Pak lights. Also another license plate holder has been added. I visited Japan for 21 days in 2011. I went from Tokyo to Sasebo on Kyushu. I used the JapanRail pass. My daughter told me that the road tolls are very expensive. Do you take secondary roads as much as possible? My daughter and son-in-law once drove from Sasebo to Fukuoka and the tolls cost over $100. The speed limit there is also ridiculously slow. Something like 80km/h on the highway. Gas can be quite pricey too. Somewhere between $6 and $7 per gallon. Apart from all of that, the island nation is a lot larger than we would think and the topography is absolutely stunning. I believe the distance from Tokyo to Sasebo is over 1000 miles.
Yep, purchased it here last Oct. it was leftover stock and brand new. This bike was at the dealer when the earthquake hit in 2011. Fell over at the dealer with all the others. All damaged parts were replaced by MoCo. I believe they said it was just the tank and tour pack. It took time as you can imagine to get the support from Harley. The bike was put back out on the floor after time with still "0" kilos on the odometer. I got it for a HEFTY discount from new. The 2013 models were to be rolling in very soon and this being a 2010...it was just good timing.

Anyhow, essentially all true on Japan. Things are expensive, but you get use to it. I play in a professional orchestra here and my family and I do very well. I live in Sendai which is up north. Lots of open road up here.

Driving here can be fun. There are some beautiful sites. I am also a bit jealous of you cats back home too.

I'll post up some more pics from time to time of various ventures.

Cheers

Pete

Old 04-15-2013 | 06:27 PM
nirschl
|
Tourer

So, while we are on the subject...has anyone installed the brake light kit on the your pack after the fact? I'm curious how involved it is. Might have to order me one.

Cheers

Old 04-15-2013 | 07:51 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior

Pete:

Love the pics! Beautiful country. Would love a vid or 2 if you can swing it? Definitely keep the pics coming bro!

Rax

Old 04-15-2013 | 07:57 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

Those pics are awesome!!!!

Old 04-15-2013 | 08:03 PM
sl33py
Tourer

Great pics! Japan is pretty awesome - we were lucky enough twice to visits friends in Okinawa.

Great food, friendly and gracious people - I'd go back in a heartbeat. Traffic was slow even on the interstate and expressways... about the only complaint!

Have a great trip w/ your friend and take more pics for us!

Last edited by sl33py; 04-15-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2013 | 09:29 PM
factorybuilt
Road Captain

Originally Posted by nirschl
Yep, purchased it here last Oct. it was leftover stock and brand new. This bike was at the dealer when the earthquake hit in 2011. Fell over at the dealer with all the others. All damaged parts were replaced by MoCo. I believe they said it was just the tank and tour pack. It took time as you can imagine to get the support from Harley. The bike was put back out on the floor after time with still "0" kilos on the odometer. I got it for a HEFTY discount from new. The 2013 models were to be rolling in very soon and this being a 2010...it was just good timing.

Anyhow, essentially all true on Japan. Things are expensive, but you get use to it. I play in a professional orchestra here and my family and I do very well. I live in Sendai which is up north. Lots of open road up here.

Driving here can be fun. There are some beautiful sites. I am also a bit jealous of you cats back home too.

I'll post up some more pics from time to time of various ventures.

Cheers

Pete
Awesome awesome ! More pics please. What a great ride.

Old 04-15-2013 | 09:55 PM
Advocatus Diaboli
Elite HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Great riding weather recently...a few pics