Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I actually had a HD dealer change both of my tires I bought from Dennis Kirk.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:13 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,540 Likes on 932 Posts

Crap like this pisses me off. I brought a 10 ounce patty of the best black Angus meat I could buy & went into McDonalds & asked if they would cook it for me & just charge me for the labor. They told me to go to Burger King. Pissed me off!

Old 04-14-2013, 08:14 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a dealer right up he road from where I live, Whitts Haley Davidson, it has a big sign in the service department... We don't install parts hat were not purchased here.... Total BS... I don't go here for anything.... Miss my Indy guy in California , Valley VTwin, awesome

Old 04-14-2013, 08:16 PM
pjpockets
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost everything I have had done at Downtown Harley in Renton WA. I have had to to do over myself. Most of the re-work was simple adjustments. What a waste of money!!!!

Old 04-14-2013, 08:20 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EdwardK
They don't want to be liable for a tire they didn't supply because they can't put back on their distributor if it fails and you sue.
Its chicken ****. Pure and simple. It's all about how much money they didn't make on the tire. Let's be honest.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:24 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

It's going to be a liability issue for some dealers and some dealers will say "sure, bring it on back". But the liability is real. And signing a release means very little. That does nothing to prevent a party from filing suit. If you think otherwise, well, you have never been sued.

There is no use throwing a dealership under the bus because of their policies.

"Hauling the new tire around my waist"....are you freaking kidding????

Either buy equipment and install the tires yourself, or take them to an indy or sport bike shop. Either will install them and always at a price savings over an HD dealership.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:29 PM
scotracy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moral of the story... find yourself a good Indy. love my Indy. Treats me right, and he knows what he is talking about.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:29 PM
TVagee
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Harleydaddy
I don't know about that silverbullitt...I think there are a lot of sue happy people out there, but I guess the whole good enough to fix it but not good enough to buy it from theory is a little skewed. If your a Harley stealership, you are in the service business. That means your not only selling, but servicing bikes, are you not? My father owned our family owned jewelry store for many many years. I get this theory. People would bring us their junk jewelry that they didn't buy from us all the time. We didn't like it, but we fixed their junk drug store jewelry because we were in the service business. I don't think I'll be taking my groceries to a restaurant to be cooked for me tho. Just sayin.

+1

Old 04-14-2013, 08:37 PM
FatTony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
Crap like this pisses me off. I brought a 10 ounce patty of the best black Angus meat I could buy & went into McDonalds & asked if they would cook it for me & just charge me for the labor. They told me to go to Burger King. Pissed me off!
Yes quite clearly this is the same thing. /sarcasm

Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
Just me, but I would not order truck tires on line and take them to a Ford dealer and expect them to put them on my truck,
I don't see why not; it's not like Ford or the Harley dealer is giving anyone a break on the labor. Seems short-sided to me: the service department still has to make money, which is based on labor. The parts department makes money on parts, but that does nothing for the service department. So in this case, neither department makes any money and the guy who spent $20k (in the sales department) for a bike from that same store, think he'll think twice on his next purchase, or recommend that store?

It's all about customer service and I'm sure the local indy shop loves the attitude of the Harley dealer. Cha-ching! If I worked service, I would have said 'yeah, we'll do it, and I'll give you a discount next time you buy tires'. Might still be more than what you can buy them for online of course but will be less than full retail. I happily pay more local, as long as I don't feel that I'm getting my head handed to me and the dealer doesn't treat me like crap.

And Harley dealers are wondering why so many Harley dealers are closing in the U.?. Try having that kind of attitude at a Honda or Toyota car store... I used to work for American Honda and can tell you that management there takes customer service very seriously and they don't get 'mad' at the dealer, they get 'even' by way of not giving them as many cars allotted to them or holding out the premium models and sending them to stores that take customer service seriously.

Last edited by UltraClassicElectraGlide; 04-14-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Damn Dealer