Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just me, but I would not order truck tires on line and take them to a Ford dealer and expect them to put them on my truck,

Old 04-14-2013, 07:36 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

buy my tires from jake wilson and let the local suzuki dealer install them...they even say thank you when they are thru. they charge $100 to do both front and rear on the bike. had the local harley dealer mount a rear tire for me...charged $85 and the damn wheel weights fell off the bike sitting in the garage.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Harleydaddy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those douchebags in Roanoke aren't the only HD stealer that I've heard similar horror stories about. There's one in my area that acts like they're too important to talk to you when you walk in there. I'll never give stealers like that a fuggin dime of my money!

Last edited by Harleydaddy; 04-14-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:40 PM
TVagee
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
Just me, but I would not order truck tires on line and take them to a Ford dealer and expect them to put them on my truck,
Yeh but they probably would. Only reason I didn't do it my self is cause I was afraid of scratching my pm wheel, which I also bought through them.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:43 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TVagee
Yeh but they probably would. Only reason I didn't do it my self is cause I was afraid of scratching my pm wheel, which I also bought through them.
I have a dealer that has always treated me well. Next time I am there I am going to work my way to the service department and ask what their policy is.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:51 PM
silverbullitt
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta take up for the dealership on this one. Liability issue. Take some eggs and bacon to your local diner, see if they will cook your breakfast for you. You get sick, get a lawyer and sue them. Not being a smart a$$, but this is how our country is these days.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Red Zeppelin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably why they are reluctant to install it. If they scratch the rim they are responsible. I'm sure they want the inflated labor rate & the product markup or they feel it's not worth it. But from a customer service prospective I think they should if you purchased the bike from them.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:07 PM
Harleydaddy
Tourer

Originally Posted by silverbullitt
Gotta take up for the dealership on this one. Liability issue. Take some eggs and bacon to your local diner, see if they will cook your breakfast for you. You get sick, get a lawyer and sue them. Not being a smart a$$, but this is how our country is these days.
I don't know about that silverbullitt...I think there are a lot of sue happy people out there, but I guess the whole good enough to fix it but not good enough to buy it from theory is a little skewed. If your a Harley stealership, you are in the service business. That means your not only selling, but servicing bikes, are you not? My father owned our family owned jewelry store for many many years. I get this theory. People would bring us their junk jewelry that they didn't buy from us all the time. We didn't like it, but we fixed their junk drug store jewelry because we were in the service business. I don't think I'll be taking my groceries to a restaurant to be cooked for me tho. Just sayin.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 PM
TVagee
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If its a liability issue all they would have to do is have you sign a form saying they won't be liable if the tire is defective. That is if they had half a brain anyways. Lol

Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 PM
Bludkai
Cruiser

If its a liability issue all they would have to do is have you sign a form saying they won't be liable if the tire is defective. ... -snip - ...

Exactly. They can easily opt out of any liability with a piece of paper and STILL retain the relationship with their customer.

Quick Reply: Damn Dealer