Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield swiped and replaced with craptacular one at Cabelas

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Rickey
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I would think since its a RK that he had his on his bike and couldn't take it with him. He saw an opportunity so took yours and could not take his so might as well put it on yours. It only takes a sec to take them off and put on.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Im sorry but I smell BS with this story.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:27 PM
42gunner
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kryingame
Im sorry but I smell BS with this story.
Why do you think its BS???? A few years back while using the restroom at a truck stop some b*stard took my 103 motor and replaced it with his 96! True story bro.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:08 AM
hawnd83
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the misfortune but damn this is funny!!

Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
You didn't call the cops to see if there where any prints? Maybe go by the local Harley shop and see if they have seen that shield on another bike? I would defiantly see if the store had cameras in the lot.
Who knows what else this guys been or is going to steal next.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but no department in their right mind is going to pull latent prints for a petit larceny.

It sounds to me like a classic crime of opportunity. Jerk-off was riding around with his shitty windshield, saw yours, and boosted it. He definitely doesn't have the "criminal" mindset, as he took the time to put his old one on your bike!! A real criminal would have just thrown the old one to the side.

That being said, getting camera footage would be helpful if you can make out a plate and/or partial plate off the offenders bike.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:42 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

thats just wierd. stealing it is one thing, but putting one back on your bike takes some big ones, taking the extra time to put it on. guess he didn't want to draw attention by leaving it without one. sucks.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:36 AM
hank-hill
Tourer

There is another security option, I replaced my rubber windshield mounts with ones from Woodys fairing. You do need to use a wrench to loosen the 4 half inch bolts but it only takes a few seconds. This would have kept an rookie thief away but like anything else if they want it they will get it.
I only run a shield on colder days (ya I'm a Sally) and long expressways so this works for me

Attached Thumbnails Windshield swiped and replaced with craptacular one at Cabelas-image.jpg  
Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 AM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It happened to me one time with a rental car. Got in and found someone put a cig. burn hole in my front seat. When I sobered up I found I took the wrong car!

Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 AM
E.T.
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Eunoterpsia
I'll be a son of a batch - I go into Cabelas for 10 minutes and some f-tard removes my 3 month old clear windshield and puts a half smoke half clear shield on my bike - damn thing has all kinds of scratches and pitting.

Disgruntled in Reno! Can't have anything nice cause someone is always out for your *****!

Anyone else had something removed from their whip?
OMG! what the hell, ballsy and incredibly stupid, what would he have done if you caught him in the act!! Thats the crazyist thing Ive heard of yet!wonder if cabelas has a security video to catch his tag no?

Old 04-14-2013, 10:15 AM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 468 Likes on 136 Posts

I guess another way to look at this, is that you are lucky to have a Cabelas so close. I have to ride 200 miles to get to one.

Quick Reply: Windshield swiped and replaced with craptacular one at Cabelas