Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Christmas in April!! Stage 4 kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013 | 03:30 PM
GaugeMods
Former Sponsor

Numbers, numbers, we all want to know what she pulled on the dyno?

What heads do they use with the stage 4 builds? CNC Compressors?

Old 04-12-2013 | 03:36 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fmfpj
I don't know this will cause a debate as the 204 Lobe at idle rocks..
I've heard them both, and mine sounds better!

Old 04-12-2013 | 03:41 PM
Energy-Dude
Tourer

Originally Posted by GaugeMods
Numbers, numbers, we all want to know what she pulled on the dyno?

What heads do they use with the stage 4 builds? CNC Compressors?

The newer SE Stage IV kits are CNC'd stock heads.

Old 04-12-2013 | 03:48 PM
BK26_SLICK_SG
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jimsflh
I've heard them both, and mine sounds better!
I've heard and ridden bikes with both and the 259's are the SH*T! Some people opt for less radical cams like the 204's. To each their own.

Old 04-12-2013 | 10:15 PM
tazman509
|
Road Captain

No numbers on the Dyno yet. I will get a Dyno next oil change (500 miles). The map the put on the PC-V seems to do well so far. I am sure a little more can be squeezed out of it. Pulls strong from around 2700ish. Definitely can tell a huge difference.

Old 04-18-2013 | 06:19 PM
GadgettR1
Intermediate
Default Stage 4

My Stage 4 build got done over the winter. I put 200 miles on it with the updated map Dynojet sent me for the new parts. It's at ACS Racing in Hanover, Ma right now getting the map fine tuned. I talked to Scotty today and it was running 107/107. He's going to try a little more fine tuning and perhaps a lil timing. I'll post the final numbers and dyno sheet when she's done.

Chip

Old 04-18-2013 | 09:22 PM
skiindean
Advanced

2013 FLHX SG w/pro stage 4 kit, part# 9250000, D&Ds fat cats quiet baffle, high flow air filter. It turned 112hp,114 tq without 500 mile break in period. Dyno graph was uncorrected. At 1000 miles I'd like to have my dealer put it on their Dyno again to see if some areas can be smoothed and possibly pick up a few extra foot pounds of torque. Is it a waist of time and money to Dyno again ? Dean

Last edited by skiindean; 04-19-2013 at 01:48 AM. Reason: My post was too wordy and not clear as to the advice I was asking forum members
Old 04-19-2013 | 12:01 AM
HeyYou
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skiindean
I just had my new 2013 FLHX SG Dynoed after my dealer installed the harley screamin eagle pro stage 4 kit, part#92500005, KN air filer, race tuner,D&D fat cats quiet baffle , high flow fuel injectors. From the get go I asked my dealer for performance performance performance. I decided between the street legal, warrantee stays stage 4 kit, part #92500011... And I stayed with the race ready kit from what I saw on the net and it was recommended from my dealer knowing my ride style. My numbers were good and I'm happy with them, 112hp, 114 tq. Nothing at all to complain about but do have questions. My bike Dynoed with no miles on the bike. My riding buddy, who has 6500 miles on his 2012 FLHX SG 103, decided for the street legal stage 4 kit and chose V&H power crossover duals. Sweet set up, he loves his, I love mine. What I don't understand is that his Dyno pulled 114hp , 112 tq as compared to my race ready kit w/high flow injectors. My Dyno sheet given to me was uncorrected, and his Dyno sheet was corrected . I understand that the numbers for the exact same set ups on 10 occasions will give 10 different readings...humidity, weather, etc. 2 weeks later and with 1000 miles, and along with my 1 k service I'm asking them to redyno and see what else can be gotten. I am getting some decel popping, a backfire here or there and a ping at 2500-3000 rpms when rolling on the throttle in 4th and sefinitly 5th and 6th. I'm getting 30-31 mpg and my friend is getting 37-38mpg. I dont care about fuel economy, and just mentioning for this comaprison. Of course if I would have known I could give up 2tq and gain 7-8mpg, save $400 and keep my warrantee, I certainly would have liked to have the choice. That's an expensive 2 foot pounds, lol. I was looking to get and squeeze whatever I could, I was more and still am always looking for solid torque number, the HP isn't a concern for me once over 100hp. Do our techys here think a broken in engine yields higher numbers, 6500 miles vs 0, and that's why my numbers were not at the top of what the kits advertises. Did my high flow fuel injectors only cost me 7-8 mpg and nothing else. New Dyno is next Saturday and I'm curious if I'll have any gains , or loss for that matter . The bike does pull great and numbers are only numbers, but when the bikes were done just about back to back, you can't help but compare the different stage 4 kits dyno numbers, with all things being close to equal and our numbers being a close flip flop, 112, 114 vs 114, 112... As to why and if my next Dyno may be better or even worse ( they'll save the first map) . Ill post after next Saturdays service and dyno. Any thoughts guys ? Thanks for any input. Dean
well yesterday my dog was on the porch talking and said hey man that 2012 103 fat bob vance and hines race kit stage 4 carlini apes 255 cams big suck nitrous shot and corbin seat with metal flake paint ultra classic beer case was getting cold so hell dude we should go inside and slap on some old louis armstrong jams and the x files on the tube to chill while cognac heats the night air and we thought wow what a trip it is when reading stream of thought with no punctuation and only a little hint of what is being said you dig bro peace out

Old 04-26-2013 | 05:55 PM
tazman509
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GadgettR1
My Stage 4 build got done over the winter. I put 200 miles on it with the updated map Dynojet sent me for the new parts. It's at ACS Racing in Hanover, Ma right now getting the map fine tuned. I talked to Scotty today and it was running 107/107. He's going to try a little more fine tuning and perhaps a lil timing. I'll post the final numbers and dyno sheet when she's done.

Chip
Looking forward to seeing your final results. What exhaust are you running? I have MGS True Duals. They sound even better after the Stage 4 install. The map used by my dealer seems to work very well on my bike. I am just curious on what my hp/tq numbers will be. My initial goal was 100/100 so I know I will not be disappointed. I am extremely happy with the performance so far.

Old 04-26-2013 | 06:50 PM
jvalason
Cruiser

My stage 4 with 259's put out 115.8/126

Quick Reply: Christmas in April!! Stage 4 kit installed