Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Secruity Paging system

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:28 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Secruity Paging system

Has anyone installed the Harley alarm paging system, if so, is it hard to install?
Also are there after market ones that work just as well, I'm putting an after market alarm system with a tilt on my bike, while I have things apart, I'd thought I'd go ahead and install the pager.
Also I am Installing two Radio Shack sirens to the bike, they only cost $6. each.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they want the bike, they will get it. Insure it VERY well, get an agreed upon value with your insurance company and pay for the coverage. Then sleep well at night knowing that if somebody gets your bike, you will get a better one.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:40 PM
In2It
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pager is extra and works inconjuction with the HD alarm you just sync it up to your bikes alarm.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Harley alarm, siren and pager on both my bikes....and LOVE IT. I have the battery operated pager rather than the rechargeable one, so if the batter goes dead I can swap it right then.

I've had it notify me of someone messing with the bikes from up to 3/4 of a mile away, and while parked two levels below ground and me sitting on the tenth floor on the opposite side of the building.

It works, but only with the Harley system and Harley siren. it cost about $180.00 to have installed at the dealer, and it's the best money I've spent on security. And since it's Harley, I don't have to worry about the dealer trying to blame anything with the ECM or electrical system on another system. There has been one instance locally where a guy was saving money by putting the radio shack siren on his V-Rod, it shorted out the ECM, and his $6.00 siren cost him a new ECM and turn module.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 AM
jay87LX
Tourer

I currently have the HD security on my bike and would like to get the pager, can I sync the two or does the dealer have to do it?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Eunoterpsia
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

You sync it yourself - easy - very easy.

To get a good feel for how it operates have someone tilt the bike or attempt a start when you are well away from the bike.

I get the idea of replacing the battery right ten and there - But that right then and there happens ever 5 days from what I read. I chose the rechargeable one and doubt I will ever be without electricity within a 4-5 day stretch.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jay87LX
I currently have the HD security on my bike and would like to get the pager, can I sync the two or does the dealer have to do it?
In order for you to use the remote you have to have the siren as well as the security. You do not need to have the dealer sync it for you.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:39 AM
BigGelvis
Club Member

I bought the pager and it works great but I have never carried it with me. It is the newer rechargeable pager.
Sad fact is I never use it and was a waste of $$ for me. I am getting ready to sell it and list it in the classified section!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:08 AM
batman4706
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It works good. Just got back from the dealer to have a tire replaced. They laid the keys with remote on the table just a little too far away. My pager was screaming...

Old 04-11-2013, 11:54 AM
GaugeMods
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigGelvis
I bought the pager and it works great but I have never carried it with me. It is the newer rechargeable pager.
Sad fact is I never use it and was a waste of $$ for me. I am getting ready to sell it and list it in the classified section!
With all the smart phones Harley needs to step up and upgrade the technology and have a text message sent to your phone "alert some1's messing with your bike"
Pagers are so outa date.
Heck nowa days they could add a camera and have a pic of the perpetrator sent along with the message

Last edited by GaugeMods; 04-11-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Secruity Paging system