Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Secruity Paging system

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:59 AM
The Outlaw
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i havent seen a pager around here in years.. i'd like it if it went to my phone though. i've got the security without the siren now. how much would i be looking at to upgrade to add the pager?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by GaugeMods
With all the smart phones Harley needs to step up and upgrade the technology and have a text message sent to your phone "alert some1's messing with your bike"
Pagers are so outa date.
Heck nowa days they could add a camera and have a pic of the perpetrator sent along with the message
I agree about the need to get up to date with the real world - smart phone/s. The camera thing though, seems to me would just be additional temptation for someone to mess with your bike and/or steal the camera.

Personally, I'm with sublime_ac. If someone wants your bike, they're gonna get it. But do whatever you need to to help yourself sleep better at night.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 PM
GaugeMods
Former Sponsor
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
I agree about the need to get up to date with the real world - smart phone/s. The camera thing though, seems to me would just be additional temptation for someone to mess with your bike and/or steal the camera.

Personally, I'm with sublime_ac. If someone wants your bike, they're gonna get it. But do whatever you need to to help yourself sleep better at night.
I was thinking more like micro camera installed inside the fairing....or better yet in the mirror ya...ya...that would be new tech and good ideers watch I just made some1 millions

Old 04-11-2013, 12:40 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by The Outlaw
i havent seen a pager around here in years.. i'd like it if it went to my phone though. i've got the security without the siren now. how much would i be looking at to upgrade to add the pager?
Smart Siren II is 89 bucks. It is the sending unit for the pager. Then another 89 bucks for the pager

Last edited by shooter5074; 04-11-2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: What? I won what? Really? No? Oh Crap....
Old 04-11-2013, 01:02 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Actually...and it has been 2 bikes ago...I believe there are (or at least were) 2 different HD alarms. Smart Alarm 1 is just an alarm...no transmitting capability. Smart Alarm II is the one that you want...I don't know why anyone would pay a dealer to install...it takes all of 10 minutes and is simple. There is an antenna lead that you secure in a velco strip underneath your frame. Then get the pager (separate item) and link it to the alarm on the bike...and you are in business.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:12 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It takes longer to remove the saddlebag and panel that to install the siren. The siren includes the transmitter. The receiver is extra and you can pare it youself. I was done in 10 minutes. I silenced the chirp for I can catch people in the act.

If someone wants the radio shack alarm and the special connector that is used to connect up to the Harley connector for the siren - I have a set which I bought and didn't use. The connector is $15 alone. Free to a good home. You pay shipping (probably $3) or if you are in Portland OR no shipping

Old 04-11-2013, 03:18 PM
PhotoRider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm working on a way to use my GoPro hero2 to video tape when the siren goes off. The Hero has a usb input with sw control. The siren is a simple trigger. I designed a little circuit board and FPGA to trigger the gopro when the siren goes off (usb cable attached to the gopro and the new circuit board - also charges the gopro ). Works great. Now the only issue is hiding the gopro on the bike so it isn't stolen also...

Sometimes being a Computer electrical engineer is good.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitardude
I have the Harley alarm, siren and pager on both my bikes....and LOVE IT. I have the battery operated pager rather than the rechargeable one, so if the batter goes dead I can swap it right then.

I've had it notify me of someone messing with the bikes from up to 3/4 of a mile away, and while parked two levels below ground and me sitting on the tenth floor on the opposite side of the building.

It works, but only with the Harley system and Harley siren. it cost about $180.00 to have installed at the dealer, and it's the best money I've spent on security. And since it's Harley, I don't have to worry about the dealer trying to blame anything with the ECM or electrical system on another system. There has been one instance locally where a guy was saving money by putting the radio shack siren on his V-Rod, it shorted out the ECM, and his $6.00 siren cost him a new ECM and turn module.

I had security from the factory on my 08 Sporty and I installed the Smart Siren II and purchased the pager at the same time. REALLY SIMPLE INSTALL! Everthing was plug and play. I installed security and the Smart Siren II on my 09 Road King. AGAIN, everything was plug and play and almost mindless to install. I like the pager with replaceable battery. The only time I use it is when I'm on the road at restaurants, shopping, motel over night etc. While the "calling your smart phone" may seem like a good idea to some, it would just be another monthly expense to me.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 PM
P51Driver
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 127 Posts

I have the siren and pager for my 2012 SG and I am very happy with this set up.
I like the fact that the pager works for very long distances, which gives me piece of mind when parking my bike overnight at hotels.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:33 PM
Munkee
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhotoRider
It takes longer to remove the saddlebag and panel that to install the siren. The siren includes the transmitter. The receiver is extra and you can pare it youself. I was done in 10 minutes. I silenced the chirp for I can catch people in the act.

If someone wants the radio shack alarm and the special connector that is used to connect up to the Harley connector for the siren - I have a set which I bought and didn't use. The connector is $15 alone. Free to a good home. You pay shipping (probably $3) or if you are in Portland OR no shipping
If it's still on the table i'd be happy to take it for my new bike.

Quick Reply: Secruity Paging system