Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone tried a Motorcycle Dryer??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 PM
davey019
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 52 Posts

I use my leaf blower and afterwards put on the hd polish and done

Old 04-09-2013, 09:29 PM
BB59
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I have the larger version and it works really well. It's perfect for getting water out of your switch housings, pegs and dozens of nooks and cranies on your bike. Areas that you cant wipe dry. The huge advantage over a leaf blower is the air is heated and FILTERED. A leaf blower has the potential to pick up garbage in the air, shop floor etc. potentially sand blasting your ride.
Here is a link to the manufacturer.
http://www.metrovacworld.com/Air%20F...rcycle%20Dryer

Old 04-09-2013, 09:32 PM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys, does the leaf blower run the risk of firing "crap" at a rate of knots out of the thing as they usually dont have a filtering system? - resulting in painfully aggitating chips and scratches to paint work...
Does hot air (MCD) v's cold air (leaf blower) make a big difference?
just an observational question....

Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM
CGP93
Tourer
Location: Orig Surfers Paradise Australia, then Riyadh Saudi Arabia, Tokyo, Toronto, now So Cal

Originally Posted by BB59
I have the larger version and it works really well. It's perfect for getting water out of your switch housings, pegs and dozens of nooks and cranies on your bike. Areas that you cant wipe dry. The huge advantage over a leaf blower is the air is heated and FILTERED. A leaf blower has the potential to pick up garbage in the air, shop floor etc. potentially sand blasting your ride.
Here is a link to the manufacturer.
http://www.metrovacworld.com/Air%20F...rcycle%20Dryer
thanks BB59 - you posted your reply as i posted mine!

Old 04-09-2013, 09:37 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RockerMike
I just reverse the shop vac with the cone attachment.

Works great for me.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:22 PM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$20 electric leaf blower from Wally World followed by a microfiber. Works for me.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the master blaster with two motors, and thing has saved me more time than you can imagine. Definitely buy one from a pet shop supplier, NOT a motorcycle parts dealer. I saved a ton, and it's one of the best things I've ever purchased. This thing blows hot, clean air, and there is never any spots, scratches or marks after a wash job. I live down a short dirt road, so my bike gets washed ALOT! Real time saver, and paint finish saver as well. No rubbing to dry with towels or chamois's. I'll try and find a link and post it for you.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's the link to the exact model I bought a few years back, but I got mine from a dog grooming dealer. I had some coupon, and got a great deal at about $150. WOW! They have certainly gone up in price over the last few years.
Metro Air Force Master Blaster Dryer S - Amazon.com Metro Air Force Master Blaster Dryer S - Amazon.com

Last edited by bigskyhd; 04-09-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:36 PM
CGP93
Tourer
Talking

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I got the master blaster with two motors, and thing has saved me more time than you can imagine. Definitely buy one from a pet shop supplier, NOT a motorcycle parts dealer. I saved a ton, and it's one of the best things I've ever purchased. This thing blows hot, clean air, and there is never any spots, scratches or marks after a wash job. I live down a short dirt road, so my bike gets washed ALOT! Real time saver, and paint finish saver as well. No rubbing to dry with towels or chamois's. I'll try and find a link and post it for you.
Really?? thats interesting, I will look forward to seeing this "pet" dryer link..

Perhaps I can dry my pure bred Doberman Puppie with it at the same time - "Too birds (dobermans) with one stone"??

Old 04-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Bigpoppa_Junior
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Blaster is awesome! Definitely need to stop drying by hand that takes to much work plus you can't get everywhere by hand. Air dryers get in all the spots you can't reach. Also it blows heated air so it evaporates the water as it is blowing it unlike the ghetto way of using a leaf blower.

I would not recommend drying your dog with it as it is pretty strong.

Link
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/910-450

Last edited by Bigpoppa_Junior; 04-09-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried a Motorcycle Dryer??