Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to pay for a new SG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Murderface
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to pay for a new SG?

I stopped by my dealer today to ask about a new Street Glide. I told them i am definitely interested and will be buying one. They told me they dont negotiate at all. The price is the price. Is anyone else getting a deal? Are these guys just being jerks?

Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Around me, with spring just starting to get rolling and some decent weather, this is probably the WORST time of year to try to buy a new motorcycle. Dealers and Craigslister's are counting on spring fever to help them get top dollar for what they are trying to sell.

That said, saying "we don't negotiate at all, the price is the price" is kinda poor salesmanship IMHO. They should be able to still deal on things like accessories, service, gift cards, etc to try to make you feel less like you're being bent over. Also, many dealers are more interested in trades, because clean used bikes are nice to have on hand.

If you're really serious, then start talking specific numbers with them, and any other dealers you are interested in. If the "price", is MSRP, then that's still a decent deal in a lot of places. If it's thousand(s) over MSRP, tell them to get bent and move on...

Old 04-08-2013, 02:46 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Many dealers sell for MSRP and nothing less. However, you can negotiate things like 1000 mile service at no charge, $500, $1,000 or even $2,000 store credit. I got mine with 1,000 mile service free and $2,000 store credit, but he wouldn't move off sticker price. Other dealers will reduce the price and will not do any store credits. All depends on the dealer. If you want to go with this dealer and he won't come down on price, be sure to negotiate for store credit and start high because he's gonna want to beat you down. Oh, by the way, unless he's the only game around, check other dealers. I drive 70 miles to my dealer when there are 3 others within 30 miles. Why - because I like the way they (Brandt's H-D in Wabash, IN) do business. Good luck in your purchase.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM
JoeTag
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Find the right dealership and they will negotiate some. Unfortunately, this is the worst period to buy.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine the end of this past January. I paid $20,500 with abs/sec/cruise. That included fright and prep but not tax or tags. Hope that helps.
And it is vivid black.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Murderface
Tourer

The "deal" is MSRP, but i still expected some wiggle room in there. I asked about accessories and they said nothing on that.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Louderisbetter
Tourer

What did they want for one? I think msrp is $19,900. Shop around...it could be cheaper...worth a shot

Old 04-08-2013, 02:59 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Your location says KS, I'm assuming that is Kansas. If so, call Eli Geiger at Topeka Harley Davidson. He is the General Manager there and will treat you right. Don't buy from these jerk wads in Kansas City, any of them. I would hurry though. You cant expect to get a deal during riding season and that is fast approaching.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Murderface
Tourer

They want about $21,124. Color option (midnight pearl), cruise and ABS, plus tax i think. No tag/title. Again, nothing off on accessories or labor. No perks to buying. Ill be looking around for sure.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Murderface
Tourer

KCFLHRC, im in Manhattan, Kansas. Went to Junction City Cycle Sales (nearest Harley). Ill call Topeka though. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply: What to pay for a new SG?