Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG vs. Fatboy Lo...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 07:29 PM
elbohead
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went from a Deluxe to a Road Glide and was very surprised to find that the touring bike was easier to handle, period. Parking lot speeds, highway speed...the touring bike was flat out easier to ride.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:26 PM
glock221
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just let a 2011 Fatboy Lo for a 13 Street Glide. The lo was my 1st HD. I thought it rode great, until I rode the Street Glide. 1 ride and I was hooked. In my opinion the FBL was like riding in a cavalier, while the Street Glide was like riding in a Cadillac. Don't get me wrong, I liked the FBL, but the DG is better for me. The weight difference was not an issue for me.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:03 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought my first HD in '07 a FLSTF, traded it in on the '11 Roadking I have. Thr RKC fits my ride needs better, handles and rides better, and I like the look of the RKC.

I made the mistake of not doing comparison test rides, of HD models when I first bought my FLSTF, I think that I would have went Roadking from the start.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Smitty79
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by serjayson
I went through the same thing awhile ago. I decided to stay with my Lo and change a few things.

Don't get me wrong I still sometimes wonder if I should of just traded her in for a Street Glide.

* Holy Crap that's a sick FB Lo!!! Very nice. I've ridden both and prefer my SG, but dude that is the coolest looking FB I've ever seen!

Old 04-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Black Gator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By all means, go to your dealer and ride before you buy. However, please keep in mind that the windshield you will be riding behind is absolutely horrible. Not to worry. There are a number of reasonable solutions out there. Just search the subject on the Forum and you'll find a solution.
When I first rode my SG home from the dealer I thought I made a terrible mistake. Two easy accessory fixes and I was out yesterday, 80 mph, listening to the radio... no problem.
And you'll find yourself searching out the "twisties".

Enjoy

Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Mike Willmont
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I have both bikes. Around town I prefer the lo. Long distance the SG. with concern to handling, SG hands down.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Molarman
Cruiser

The SG is by far the more versatile bike. It is cool looking and good for around town but also gives you the ability to really enjoy longer rides. The FB is a cool looking cruiser but on longer rides not really enjoyable or comfortable.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Murderface
Tourer

Well I have an offer on my FBL already. The Harley gods are pushing me towards the SG quickly . Im trying to schedule a demo for Monday. Hopefully the dealer and the weather allow it.

What size windshield do you guys end up going with? I have heard a lot about the stock being too low, but no real consensus on the better improvement.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Murderface
Well I have an offer on my FBL already. The Harley gods are pushing me towards the SG quickly . Im trying to schedule a demo for Monday. Hopefully the dealer and the weather allow it.

What size windshield do you guys end up going with? I have heard a lot about the stock being too low, but no real consensus on the better improvement.
Don't sell your bike before you ride the SG. You may not care for it as much like many others do. Just in case...

The 12 inch stock windshield on my ultra was right at eye-level and i got some buffeting. I bought a 10 recurve from fastaire
(forum sponsor) and it's great. I'm 6.1 with stock seat. Lots of options on windshields from dealer and other forum sponsors besides fastaire.
http://www.fastaire.com/

Last edited by Pete6114; 04-07-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:31 PM
Molarman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Murderface

Depends on how your bike is set up as far as seat and if its lowered and also your height. I went with a 9 inch recurve from LRS. You will have to do some measuring while sitting on yor bike.

Quick Reply: SG vs. Fatboy Lo...