Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SG vs. Fatboy Lo...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Louderisbetter
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont worry too much about the weight....your ride it not carry it. But if the weight is a big deal to you the difference should only be @ 80 lbs.
You will dig the extra cargo space, the fairing, radio, etc
take the test ride, you'll love it

Old 04-06-2013, 01:37 PM
gambueller1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no comparison

Murder,

Obviously it is up to you if you want to have two bikes, however, what I can tell you, is that you are comparing apples to oranges from my perspective.

Having had an 04 softail (although not a fatboy) and an 06 Street Glide, they are in two different classes. I thought I was completely sold on "all H-D touring bikes are the same idea"....but not-so-much!

After having a street glide, a road king and a softail, I believe that ANYTHING with a full time fairing offers you things that any other bike without will not. I loved my 06 street glide, and I loved my 04 standard, but the ride was completely different. Any ideas of moving into the touring family with the same feeling is completely in-accurate in my opinion. Best advice I could provide is to go and rent one for as long as you can and make your own decision.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

There is no do it all motorcycle. Typically someone chooses the motorcyle that best suits his or her riding style and habits. The tourer are for well touring and the softails are cruisers for cruising. The two bikes are not really comparable because one is made specifically for touring and the other for cruising. I had two tourers and they were great and I have nothing bad to say about them but I prefer the softails and their counterbalanced engines. Best wishes with your choice

Old 04-06-2013, 02:24 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through the same thing awhile ago. I decided to stay with my Lo and change a few things.

Don't get me wrong I still sometimes wonder if I should of just traded her in for a Street Glide.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:48 PM
BeeRAD56
Road Warrior
Received 447 Likes on 124 Posts

I found my SG to be very easy to handle, even in city traffic. It was my first bagger and it took a little getting use to but now it's my ride of choice and rarely ride my softail.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
BC Glide
Cruiser

Went from the fat boy to a street glide. I loved the fat boy but I wouldn't go back. The street glide does it better both short and long rides.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:40 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BC Glide
Went from the fat boy to a street glide. I loved the fat boy but I wouldn't go back. The street glide does it better both short and long rides.
What he said...............................I've had both.
I'd recommend renting a Street Glide for the day or weekend and you'll see.
No need for two bikes.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:47 PM
graysonbornhunter
Intermediate

I have been looking at the Fatboy Lo and SG for almost 6 months and finally pulled the trigger on the SG. I'm glad I made the right choice. I was thinking about the Lo for around town but once you get on a new SG you won't care to ride a Lo anymore. Just my input.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Louderisbetter
Tourer

Originally Posted by serjayson
I went through the same thing awhile ago. I decided to stay with my Lo and change a few things.

Don't get me wrong I still sometimes wonder if I should of just traded her in for a Street Glide.
That's badass!!! Good work!

Old 04-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Murderface
Tourer

The Lo rides great. I do love the bike. But i want more. And im really not trying to choose which is better, just curious about the handling difference. The guy made it sound like it was so much different that it detracted from the riding experience. I just dont see the 80 or so pounds being that big of a deal. At this point, considering what everyone has said, im really leaning towards a new SG.

Quick Reply: SG vs. Fatboy Lo...