Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power vision datalog/auto tune time on road?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013 | 12:54 AM
keno
|
Road Master
Default power vision datalog/auto tune time on road?

How long do you typically ride to create a datalog? I've seen 15 minutes but is there a limit or can you run longer and if so, is it beneficial?
Got my fuel moto power package installed and flashed ecm with the map they pre-loaded but want to see if there is any difference between that map and an auto tune map.
Thanks...

Old 04-05-2013 | 12:56 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior

I've done 30min and 1hr runs

Old 04-05-2013 | 06:30 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain

I normally shoot for at least 30 minutes when trying to hit all areas. If I'm just focusing on a specific range, as long as it take to populate the cells with sufficient hits (red)

Old 04-05-2013 | 07:29 AM
keno
|
Road Master

Thanks for the info.

Old 04-05-2013 | 08:01 AM
casique
Road Warrior

There was a big difference from my FM canned load and the autotune load. A noticeable increase in performance.

Old 04-05-2013 | 08:22 AM
keno
|
Road Master

I'm hoping it'll improve with auto tune. Bike seems to pull fine except when in 6th gear, it doesn't pull as strong as it did stock w/o any upgrades...

Old 04-05-2013 | 08:41 AM
bads1buell
Cruiser

I just flashed my ECM last week with the PV-1 and hope to make a few A/T runs next week to see if there are any improvements. FM map was spot on, no popping or pinging.

Old 04-05-2013 | 10:03 AM
Voldemort
Tourer

Being that I only have stock headers I have the 12mm bungs so the "Basic" Auto Tune is all I can do. Jamie sent me a new Tune via email for my updated set up but I can't find it on my email. He also said I should use the Basic Auto Tune to "Fine Tune" it a little. I'm lost.... Do I get out of the tune that is programmed into the bike now and then log into the Basic Tune on the PV and ride the bike for 15-30 min and then enter that log into the ECM?

Old 04-05-2013 | 10:21 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
From: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians

Originally Posted by Voldemort
Being that I only have stock headers I have the 12mm bungs so the "Basic" Auto Tune is all I can do. Jamie sent me a new Tune via email for my updated set up but I can't find it on my email. He also said I should use the Basic Auto Tune to "Fine Tune" it a little. I'm lost.... Do I get out of the tune that is programmed into the bike now and then log into the Basic Tune on the PV and ride the bike for 15-30 min and then enter that log into the ECM?

Load the tune Jamie sent you. Go into autotune and select that tune. Do an autotune run. Then export the results into a slot different from the one Jamie sent you (empty slot if you have one). Then go to load tune and select custom tune and select the autotune that you just saved. Answer yes when it asks if you want to reset values......... turn bike off for 10 seconds.... you're done.

Last edited by shooter5074; 04-05-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-05-2013 | 10:42 AM
$tonecold
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by ColoSpgsMark
I normally shoot for at least 30 minutes when trying to hit all areas. If I'm just focusing on a specific range, as long as it take to populate the cells with sufficient hits (red)
So that is what the red means. I've looked for it in the manual and asked a tech at Dynojet. Thanks, I needed to know that.

Quick Reply: power vision datalog/auto tune time on road?