Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a Little Pull Back on Street Glide Bars. Are Wild 1 575's the Answer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Rick Lees
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They were for me...gave me a mire relaxed hand placement and my reach is relaxed also ...
IMO

Old 04-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Rick Lees
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rick Lees
They were for me...gave me a mire relaxed hand placement and my reach is relaxed also ...
IMO
I also changed the mirrors to the bars didn't like having to duck to see through the faring mirrors

Old 04-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by B00001
This picture is pretty dead on to what they will do.
Even though they say 10" rise, it is about stock because of the way the grip area is bent down.
I had them on my 2008 and 2009 Street Glides and they were extremely comfy, I just wanted taller bars this time, so I have gone with 12" Apes currently.

I would recommend these bars for what you are asking.
You can see out of about half the fairing mount mirrors. So I went with bar mounted mirrors.

I'm 6' and here is a picture of them as high as they will go. Still about the stock height:

Old 04-02-2013, 10:36 AM
vickers1
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
14-16" aren't really my thing.

I like the stock SG bars, just wish they came back an inch or two. Will 575's give that effect?

Thanks
I had a set of these HD pullbacks on an Electraglide Classic I had and loved them. I don't have any experience with the 575's but from what you've said in this thread so far, you may want to check these out.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 AM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 83 Posts

2011 SG , stock seat , 6' tall , 32/33" reach.

Replaced the stock bars with Khromewerks Sweepers +2 this winter. They are almost 2" taller and provide almost 2" more pullback. The wrist angle is much straighter and does not feel like stock wheel barrel bars at all. They are only 2" wider than stock, overall it was very easy to get adjusted to the new feel.

Required a longer 3" clutch cable, all other cables and wires worked fine. Cost was 75 bucks for the bars. Replaced the fairing mirrors with stock mirrors from an electra glide.

Very happy with them, no more hunching forward and bothering my lower back or my shoulders from having my arms to low. Still have my hands behind the fairing for the cold, wind and rain. Made my riding much more comfortable.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:07 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 89FLHT
2011 SG , stock seat , 6' tall , 32/33" reach.

Replaced the stock bars with Khromewerks Sweepers +2 this winter. They are almost 2" taller and provide almost 2" more pullback. The wrist angle is much straighter and does not feel like stock wheel barrel bars at all. They are only 2" wider than stock, overall it was very easy to get adjusted to the new feel.

Required a longer 3" clutch cable, all other cables and wires worked fine. Cost was 75 bucks for the bars. Replaced the fairing mirrors with stock mirrors from an electra glide.

Very happy with them, no more hunching forward and bothering my lower back or my shoulders from having my arms to low. Still have my hands behind the fairing for the cold, wind and rain. Made my riding much more comfortable.
Would you mind posting a side view photo of you on the bike? It would be very helpful to many of us who are pondering a handlebar change. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2013, 11:12 AM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 96 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
14-16" aren't really my thing.

I like the stock SG bars, just wish they came back an inch or two. Will 575's give that effect?

Thanks

I love mine specs show 2 inches higher and 2 inches more pull back. definitely not a wheel barrel effect, great wrist angle

Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Da Shadow
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They allowed me to sit back against my backrest and hold on to both grips whereas before I'd keep just a finger or two of my right hand on the grip when leaning back into my rest, yes they are closer to you. The grip angle is the same as WO apes I had on my last bike which is one reason I bought them. Grip angle is great. One post mentioned you really do not get much rise and I found that to be the case also. It is because the fairing prevents you from rotating them forward to a position that provides that rise, the result is more pullback. The only negative is my controls will not slide all the way up to the larger OD of the bars, I would have to grind about a sixteenth of an inch off the end of my left bar but it in no way looks bad. I didn't like it when first installed but I'm just picky you really cannot tell. What I am saying is that the 1" OD section for the grips to slide onto is just a sixteenth too long, maybe less I don't even notice it anymore.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 307 Likes on 199 Posts

I had a set of Khrome Werks +2sweepers on my Street Glide, they are in my sig pic at bottom of post..very comfortable. No other cables needed but I did have to re-route my clutch cable. Next time I will use a +4 clutch cable.

Traded for a new Ultra and this time will try the KW 2+2 sweepers. These are two up and two back....

I have a 32" sleeve and I'm 5'7".

The +2 sweepers that I used on the SG were very comfortable and I think for me the two plus two will be even better....

Old 07-17-2013, 07:23 PM
supermario1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my 575. I'm 5' 10" with a Corbin seat. Bars are a little taller and if u have a street glide your mirrors will be useless. You'll see nothing but your fist.

Attached Thumbnails Need a Little Pull Back on Street Glide Bars. Are Wild 1 575's the Answer?-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Need a Little Pull Back on Street Glide Bars. Are Wild 1 575's the Answer?