Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storage rack for Detachable Tour Pack

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 AM
beachdive
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Storage rack for Detachable Tour Pack

After looking at several different options I decided to purchase a rack from scooter_trash_1 who sells them here and on EBay.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/harle...rage-rack.html

Communication with Scooter was excellent, evidently he makes them in different lengths depending if have armrest and speakers. Payment was easy, shipping was very fast, and everything was packed well. Here is what was in the box:

Assembly was easy with six button screws in the ends of the rods:

The only issue I had was that the button screws would not tighten down all the way. It appeared that the threads in the ends of the rods were not cut deep enough. A trip to the hardware store for six washers solved the problem. I also used blue lock tight on all the screws:

After trial and error to figure out which holes to use, the rack was assembled. I don't know what the other two closer together holes are for:

I mounted the rack in the back corner of my garage, 5 foot off the ground, using 1/4 x 3 inch lag screws into the wall studs:

The rack is well built and sturdy. I am happy with my purchase and highly recommend.

Last edited by beachdive; 04-01-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:59 AM
BillinSC
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought the same thing and it works great for the cost. Well built and easy to use.

Only complaint would have been the finish on the paint job (pretty sure its not powder coated). Not the greatest but for a storage rack mounted to the wall in the garage it's just fine.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Sweet