Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013 | 08:27 AM
A5Firearms
|
Tourer
Default What should I do?

Hey guys,

I have a 2012 Street Glide which is still under warranty. I just pre-paid for a set of V&H Power Duals that I am going to have the Dealer install. (I know I could with no problem, but have been told that if they do it, no warranty issues in the future.) Plus they gave me 10% off the price for their service department to put them on, so in all reality it is only costing me $85 to have them installed.

In any case here is my question: I have XiED's installed on my bike as well as a RSD air cleaner, so these head pipes will complete my stage 1. Should I put my stock cleaner back on and remove the XiED's prior to bringing the bike in to have the head pipes installed so they dont question anything? The dealer already gave me the "you need a tuner and high flow with head pipes" speal when I ordered them. I told him I was keeping the bike stock and was just doing this to reduce heat and remove the cat from the stock head pipe. He said that technically I did not need a tuner unless I put a high flow on, so that should be fine but warned me that the bike might run like sh@t. What are your thoughts here?

Thanks guys!

Old 04-01-2013 | 08:34 AM
Mark5
Road Captain

Take off the Xied if it worries you. They are changing mufflers-shouldn't even have to pull the cover. Won't run bad. It will be fine. AC is fine. I used them with the same modifications you are doing. Bought a PV1 when I put in SE255's. Cams will require a tuner. ANY modification has to be proven it caused the problem and that is real hard to do unless you changed something you really should have let them do. My opinion and if you are not sure call the MOCO Customer Service number and talk to them. Good people there and they will tell you the truth.

Old 04-01-2013 | 08:41 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

They will cut you a deal if you change the cams now, as the pipes will be off.
Tuner, dyno then for sure. It never ends!