Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Linbar vs Highway Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013 | 07:52 AM
03psd
|
Tourer
Default Linbar vs Highway Pegs

I need to get a set of highway pegs but hate the way they always look like an afterthought. I liked the look of the Linbar but don't know anyone who has one to ask about their experience. It looks like pegs on the stock guard will put your feet further apart but I don't know for sure. Anyone have experience with both?

Old 03-31-2013 | 08:36 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 03psd
I need to get a set of highway pegs but hate the way they always look like an afterthought. I liked the look of the Linbar but don't know anyone who has one to ask about their experience. It looks like pegs on the stock guard will put your feet further apart but I don't know for sure. Anyone have experience with both?
Problem with Linbar is it is a fixed position, for me at least that's a deal breaker. If it doesn't bother you, then go for it. I have long angled rotating HD peg mounts and matching rumble pegs. They look great, the only time I think they look like an afterthought is when ppl dont match them up, yuk..

Old 03-31-2013 | 08:47 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

I had the Lindbar on a Softail that I owned. I agree that I love the look and they were comfortable. I have highway pegs on my Ultra because they are More comfortable. As said before with the fixed position, you reach to it, with the adjustable highway bars, they reach to you.

Old 03-31-2013 | 09:00 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by NDBadlands4-2
As said before with the fixed position, you reach to it, with the adjustable highway bars, they reach to you.
that's what I was trying to say, well put!

Old 03-31-2013 | 10:20 AM
jefla
Road Master

I have the Linbar w/ integrated pegs. I'm also 6.2. Assuming a rider has long legs, this is all about taste and for me I like the look much better and am very happy to have the clean lines. For me, most h-way peg mounting systems look clunky, but that's easy for me to say because I do not need the pegs to "come to me." I get that. If one is not so tall and wants to use highway pegs, the integrated version will not work.

The integrrated verion has two postioins, the wide and lower spot you get from the fold out pegs and the higher narrow spot. The fold out pegs are smartly angled backwards so your feet do not slide off. My buds tell me they like the look of the Linbar.

Hope this helps

Old 03-31-2013 | 10:29 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jefla
I have the Linbar w/ integrated pegs. I'm also 6.2. Assuming a rider has long legs, this is all about taste and for me I like the look much better and am very happy to have the clean lines. For me, most h-way peg mounting systems look clunky, but that's easy for me to say because I do not need the pegs to "come to me." I get that. If one is not so tall and wants to use highway pegs, the integrated version will not work.

The integrrated verion has two postioins, the wide and lower spot you get from the fold out pegs and the higher narrow spot. The fold out pegs are smartly angled backwards so your feet do not slide off. My buds tell me they like the look of the Linbar.

Hope this helps
The Linbar is a nice clean looking option for taller guys. I am too damn short I have to use long angled peg mounts and I pull them just to the outside of the floorboards so I can rest my heels on the floorboards and the ***** of my feet on the pegs for the ultimate short dude comfort LOL..

Old 03-31-2013 | 10:48 AM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member

I'm a tall 5'8" and gotta say I do need to reach just a bit for my linbar, not to the point where it is uncomfortable though. I have been thinking about getting some bolt on highway pegs as well though to give a third position for my feet. I think if my bike already came with a engine gaurd I would have just went with highway pegs, I just didn't have the money or see the point in buying gaurd and pegs when I could get the linbar. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

Old 03-31-2013 | 11:50 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member

I needed my pegs to adjust for me, so I rolled with highway pegs.....pretty much like most other people here said.

Old 03-31-2013 | 12:15 PM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior

I had the Linbar on my RK, and put it on my SG on day one. Best looks and perfect fit for me @ 5' 11".

Old 03-31-2013 | 12:33 PM
jefla
Road Master

Not surprisingly, I realy like my SG. Mostly because of tunes and protection from the batwing. However, now and again I see RKs like raceface's and think, shoot, I got the wrong bike.