Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You want deep sound..Holy doodoo this set up is deep

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 PM
2011FXDC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You want deep sound..Holy doodoo this set up is deep

Installed V & H dresser duals and Rush slash down mufflers w/ 2.25 baffle yesterday. Talk about a deep sounding set-up. I had V & H Short Shots on my Dyna and loved the sound but they were no where near this tone. Volume wise it's probably about the same but much deeper. I know exhaust sound is very subjective and it may not be for everyone but I love it. Talk about sounding like a Harley, it finally does. Those stupid EPA regs really f up a stock new Harley. It will definitely wake up the neighbors. I'm sure they're going to love me when I leave for work at 0400....

Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,666 Likes on 11,507 Posts

May want to reconsider upsetting the neighborhood at o'dark-thirty !!!!
No need pissing on an electric fence if there's an alternative !!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ybnorml
May want to reconsider upsetting the neighborhood at o'dark-thirty !!!!
No need pissing on an electric fence if there's an alternative !!
Congrats on the sound, but I agree that there is no need to rub it in your neighbors faces. They won't appreciate it as much as you do. I am sure you were just kidding.

Mine is kind of deep and loud, and I try my best to creep out of the neighborhood in low rpm 1st gear. Even doing it this way, it's still very audible and impossible to disguise. They all know it's me, and if I wake up someone by being obnoxious, all it does is create bad feelings which are very hard to mend.

Enjoy you new sound (out on the road)...that's what I do.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Ickysticky74
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2011FXDC
Installed V & H dresser duals and Rush slash down mufflers w/ 2.25 baffle yesterday. Talk about a deep sounding set-up. I had V & H Short Shots on my Dyna and loved the sound but they were no where near this tone. Volume wise it's probably about the same but much deeper. I know exhaust sound is very subjective and it may not be for everyone but I love it. Talk about sounding like a Harley, it finally does. Those stupid EPA regs really f up a stock new Harley. It will definitely wake up the neighbors. I'm sure they're going to love me when I leave for work at 0400....
Could you put up a Youtube video of the sound. I am curious to hear the sons. I am thinking of getting the same slip ons. I had Rush Sip ons on my Electra Glide. Miss them.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:34 PM
Bushpilot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrads on the new exhaust!! I have CFR exhaust on 2011 street glide. My wife has Rush exhaust on street glide. Both exhaust sound great, both are deep sounding(Especially the CFR). But I have to say sorry to the neighbors cause they will hear my exhaust as I leave (I try to be nice and idle out slowly) and I hope that other drivers hear me on the road as well. I bought this bike because i like the sound of the harley and the soul I get from riding it. (I never felt this on my BMW)

Old 03-30-2013, 08:33 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

You wake me up "just because" at 4AM....I would get up at 3AM just to throw dog **** in your yard...(I don't own a dog). Just saying. Sometimes...neighbors are like that.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:38 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

i had one neighbour who told me he knew it was time to get out of bed when he heard my bike start up . he liked it , not sure all moy other neighbours did . then again this was 7:30 not 4 f'ing AM !

Old 03-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Rush true dual headers and Rush3.5 slip on's with tips...and it will rattle windows when you get on it, but idles down nicely.

As for upseting the neighbors, if they have a problem with bikes and riders, why give them more to bitch about???

Enjoy the pipes!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Hogster 1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live where I cannot even see the lights of my neighbors house. But that being said I do go right past their bed room on my way out the driveway...I have a Loooong driveway 1700 ft. Their land was sliced off of my land...cut out of what was mine. so i am in in the unique position to tell them to f#@k off. Needless to say ...they don't complane AT least not to me.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:28 PM
W.P.
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't care what anyone rides or drives, I don't want to hear it period ! You'll be hard pressed to find anyone that enjoys others loud stuff no matter what's making the noise. When I'm at home.

Quick Reply: You want deep sound..Holy doodoo this set up is deep