Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to Find Great Customer Service? Howard @ Motorcycle Metlal!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:02 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up Where to Find Great Customer Service? Howard @ Motorcycle Metlal!

A couple weeks ago I had an opportunity to ride during my 4 day business trip. I headed to So. FL and the Keys (terrible place to have to work )

Anyways I reached out to Howard at Motorcycle Metal asking if I could stop by his shop so he could educate me a bit more on how to get the most out of my Ohlins 3-3 shocks I purchased from him about 1-1/2 years ago. His response was "Yes, call me anytime".

I reached out to him the morning I was in the area around 9am, he gave me directions to his shop and we met about 30 minutes later. Howard then spent about 2 hours me fine tuning my shocks and teaching me how to adjust them. I went on about 3 test rides after my lessons continuing to dial the my shocks.

My ride down to the Keys was great. I had no idea it could get any better.

If you're looking for shocks, do it once, do it right, and call Howard at Motorcycle Metal.

Took my profile pic north of the Keys on my way home... I know where there's a boat on the side of the road if anybody wants one

Last edited by reesestewww; 03-30-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:08 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by reesestewww
A couple weeks ago I had an opportunity to ride during my 4 day business trip. I head to So. FL and the Keys (terrible place to have to work )

Anyways I reached out to Howard at Motorcycle Metal asking if I could stop by his shop so he could educate me a bit more on how to get the most out of my Ohlins 3-3 shocks I purchased from him about 1-1/2 years ago. His response was "Yes, call me anytime".

I reached out to him the morning I was in the area around 9am, he gave me directions to his shop and we met about 30 minutes later. Howard then spent about 2 hours me fine tuning my shocks and teaching me how to adjust them. I went on about 3 test rides after my lessons continuing to dial the my shocks.

My ride down to the Keys was great. I had no idea it could get any better.

If you're looking for shocks, do it once, do it right, and call Howard at Motorcycle Metal.

Took my profile pic north of the Keys on my way home... I know where there's a boat on the side of the road if anybody wants one
+1 on Howard! I agree on the "do it once" idea. Rode a bit today and my jri b shocks made me glad I made the call to Howard.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:14 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

Howard is all about service and wants his customers happy with their ride

Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM
Anpumes
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also took the recommendation and called Howard today, after emailing him and ensuring that it was alright to do. He assured me it was and we spoke for 30 or so minutes on the phone during which time he helped me narrow down the options to what would work best in my application. We hung up with me having some homework to do regarding more research and I've spent the remainder of my morning and a good part of the early afternoon looking up information, trying to educate myself about suspension - I'm still very unsure of what I'm looking at but Howard has at least steered me in a good direction.

I am leaning toward the JRI shocks as well, just need to figure out the best length (13" - 14"). Seems to be better, newer technology there...

Great customer service from Howard and very direct, perfect for someone who knows nothing about suspension - like myself.

Last edited by Anpumes; 04-07-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm very happy with my JRi B 13" shocks. I have only had a few rides and I've made a few tweaks. It gets better each time. I wish I had the luxury of visiting Howard in person. I'm not a bit surprised to hear about your experience with him.