Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Heritage bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:52 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Road King Heritage bars

I know this has been discussed and I have read a few...but I still need claification?
I want to change Bars on 2009 Road King

I don't want to extend wires/cables ect
What is difffernce between Heritage Bars???
And Heritage style bars???
Which do I want...Tell me what you used and why is it better.

I want to do this once ( I Hope) so want the bars that are going to make me happy with a bit more height and pull back?

Hap

Old 03-30-2013, 06:01 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Heitage bars fit on a Softail Heritage, Heritage Style bars are the same basic rise and comfort level but designed to fit a late model touring bike. Very easy install and no cables or anything else need be replaced. I had those on my 2013 Road King for about 3 weeks and then went to a 14" ape. Much harder install and much more expensive. If you would like a set of Heritage bars for your bike, I have a like new set that will fit your bike that I'll sell you very reasonably. The Heritage style bars make a huge comfort improvement over stock RK bars. PM me if interested.

The following users liked this post:
photo2u (01-24-2020)
Old 03-30-2013, 06:39 AM
hapbob
Road Master
Default PM

PM to you Gunny

Old 03-30-2013, 06:56 AM
jg4660
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put Heritage bars (not Heritage style) on my '12 RK. All the cables fit and nothing had to be extended.The first difference between the two are the Heritage bars are not cut for the TBW so you'll need to put the notches in the right side grip and cut a hole in the middle of the bars for the cable to exit. I found it pretty simple to do with my Dremel just using the stock bars as a guide. The other reason i like the Heritage bars is they can stay in line with the forks and don't have to be tilted back to level you're hand position. If you search on here theres a pick comparing the two side by side in a vice and you'll see how different they actually are.

I'm very happy how they turned out.

JG

Attached Thumbnails Road King Heritage bars-photo.jpg  
Old 03-30-2013, 07:12 AM
hapbob
Road Master

Hey JG
That photo of your bike is with Heritage Bars?
Do the newer Heritage bars have notches?
Or do all Heritage bars have to be cut on a bit?

Old 03-30-2013, 07:13 AM
LS Bob
Road Warrior
Received 202 Likes on 137 Posts

I put Heritage Bars on my '09 RKC last fall and really like them. The combination 3" back and up was just right for me to feel I wasn't reaching, as with the stock bars.
The cool thing for me was my dealer put them on the bike and let me sit on it to test the feel before finishing the install so I could adjust the pull back. They did it so cheaply I couldn't justify the time to do it myself.
I only have about 500 miles with them due to winter, but so far I like the feel.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:23 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

I put the Heritage style bars on my 09 Road King and currently have a Sundowner seat on it also. HUGE improvement in comfort level. The Heritage style bars are a quick easy swap out for the oniginal bars and require no mods of any sort, cables, lines or otherwise. Try to make sure that the seat on your bike is what you want to end up with. The seat and bars combo is what will determine your comfort level.

Of course here I am 4 years later thinking Carlini 16" Gangster Apes and Road Zepplin seat. Between the bars, cable and lines and seat, it will be a tad more expensive the second time around!

The following users liked this post:
photo2u (01-24-2020)
Old 03-30-2013, 07:23 AM
jg4660
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hap...The pic i posted is with the Heritage bars part# 56569-09 installed. The "Heritage Style" bars come notched for the TBW but aren't the same bars. I used this link for installation help that was awesome and it will show you the "Heritage Style" bars installed.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...road-king.html

JG

Old 03-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Wild Card
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I am gonna try this soon. I don't have the cash for the apes I want due to needing backrest, lugage rack and some other stuff. Might buy me a season and next winter do the apes.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:19 AM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Heritage Style bars from Khromewerks, p/n 300330. I like them because they are a 1 1/4" bar with about 3" more pullback and about 2-3" more rise than the stock bars. No cable or wire extensions needed and they are cut for TBW.

Edit: I have not changed out my sig pic yet, so ignore that.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Road King Heritage bars-heritage-bars01.jpg   Road King Heritage bars-heritage-bars02.jpg   Road King Heritage bars-heritage-bars03.jpg  

Quick Reply: Road King Heritage bars