Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Heritage bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 09:41 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
There would be no sense to take all the time to cut those special holes in a regular set of Heritage bars when you can simply mount the ones made for the RK the have all the right cuts in the right places already. I have a 2006 Police Road King and a standard new Road King, the heritage style bars for the Road King are every bit as comfortable as the regular Heritage bars and/or the police ones. period.
Absolutely not! The heritage style bars,the grip position is almost completely horizontal. The heritage and also the khromewerks 30004 bars are pulled back and down. The police bars and h style are almost exactly the same.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:54 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Guys play around with the heritage bars all you want (thats what I did too), but you can save yourself a boatload of $ by just going to an ape...their whats needed for comfort. Just look at the pullback on these ******.....

Old 03-30-2013, 11:37 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by hapbob
Thanks Dannyz
The photos tell the story
I am going to try heritage style bars
Where were you in the force?
Hap

Minot (77-78)
Kadena (78-80)
Tinker (80-81)

Old 03-31-2013, 06:46 AM
M109Rrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bklynbob
Absolutely not! The heritage style bars,the grip position is almost completely horizontal. The heritage and also the khromewerks 30004 bars are pulled back and down. The police bars and h style are almost exactly the same.
+1
They are not bent the same. Heritage style bars have a wonky grip angle I found very uncomfortable...almost painful with the bars pushed up. The heritage bars have more neutral grip angle when the bars are adjust up. Took 15 minutes to mod with a dremel and a monkey can do it.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:58 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Heitage bars fit on a Softail Heritage, Heritage Style bars are the same basic rise and comfort level but designed to fit a late model touring bike. Very easy install and no cables or anything else need be replaced. I had those on my 2013 Road King for about 3 weeks and then went to a 14" ape. Much harder install and much more expensive. If you would like a set of Heritage bars for your bike, I have a like new set that will fit your bike that I'll sell you very reasonably. The Heritage style bars make a huge comfort improvement over stock RK bars. PM me if interested.
I went through this same transition. I too I have set of bars in my garage.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:08 AM
jg4660
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M109Rrider
+1
They are not bent the same. Heritage style bars have a wonky grip angle I found very uncomfortable...almost painful with the bars pushed up. The heritage bars have more neutral grip angle when the bars are adjust up. Took 15 minutes to mod with a dremel and a monkey can do it.
+1 Agreed...This is the reason i went with the Heritage and not Heritage style.Here's a pic posted by another forum member comparing the two and you can see why most people pull them back to level out the grips...no need to do that with the Heritage.I was put off originally by having to cut them but it really was very easy to do so don't let that stop anyone.

JG

Attached Thumbnails Road King Heritage bars-heritage-vs-heritage-style.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:25 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Bottom line is that every rider is different. There are many many factors in riding comfort. Height of the seat, length of the arms, width of the shoulders, riding position, just to name a few. What is comfortable for one may not be for another. I still have no idea why the MoCo puts those low forward bars on Road Kings. There are few riders who don't change them out for something else, whatever that would be, apes, Heritage so on and so on.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:02 AM
Dieselsoftail
Tourer
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I know its an old posting but anyone know if they make a heritage bar? or will heritage bars fit? a 2005 RK custom

Old 10-16-2019, 08:42 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,641 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Originally Posted by Dieselsoftail
I know its an old posting but anyone know if they make a heritage bar? or will heritage bars fit? a 2005 RK custom
Don't know about still making them, but I've got Heritage bars on my 04 RK. No additional parts were necessary. Brake hardline required a bit of bending to fit the change. Wires and cables had to be pulled up just a little for the additional length to the controls.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:51 AM
ve9aa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 647 Likes on 399 Posts

Congrats on resurrecting a 6yr old thread....(man, there's a LOT of that lately)

I put "Heritage Style" bars from Kromewerks on my 04RKC....sorry don't have a part # for you as the CDN vendor was fortnine.ca and wouldn't help you anyways.

The following users liked this post:
photo2u (01-24-2020)

Quick Reply: Road King Heritage bars