Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Angled valve stems for cast wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Doesn't anybody own a jack? Even with the angled stems it's sooo much easier to air up tires when the bike is up in the air - no laying down, ya know?
Kurveygirl has been selling those things for years. They're available now from Anchor also. Get one for the rear and be happy.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:06 AM
fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An eBay seller has them, states they are made in Italy. Looks identical $22.00

BLACK Angled Tire Valve Stems HARLEY DAVIDSON ROAD STREET GLIDE KING CLASSIC HD eBay Item # 160996667554

Old 03-30-2013, 07:10 PM
devious56
Cruiser

Thanks for that info fathog, you just saved me a couple of bucks. I checked out those stems and they certainly look like the $32.00 ones.

David

Old 03-31-2013, 05:47 AM
fathog
Tourer

Originally Posted by devious56
Thanks for that info fathog, you just saved me a couple of bucks. I checked out those stems and they certainly look like the $32.00 ones.

David
Your welcome, The Motorcycleanchor company most likely orders his via the same manufacturer, Italy, and just charges approx 1/3 more. I'm also getting mine from the eBay seller.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:12 AM
devious56
Cruiser

Well, when I get mine mounted and installed, I will post my results and opinion on this thread, but it will be a while. I need about 1500 or 2000 more miles on my present tires before I change them, and that could be a month or two depending on the weather, and my health.

Thanks for your insite,
David

Old 03-31-2013, 09:46 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody use these on the 9 spoke wagon wheels? Pics?

Old 03-31-2013, 10:30 AM
UltraZac
Tourer
Received 88 Likes on 52 Posts

This thread couldn't have popped up at a better time. Just getting a gauge on the valve stem is hard enough. I went out and bought a digital gauge that is slim enough to fit in between the spokes. I like to check my tire pressure at least once a month if not more. The hard part is getting the air hose on without scraping your knuckles all to hell on the rotors.

I went to the dealer because I would have thought they had a better air hose fitting that would fit between the spokes. Nope...I was wrong, same as at the local gas stations. What a PITA. I asked if they had a better fitting, but was told they fight with it too.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Rick's Ultra
Road Master
Received 90 Likes on 62 Posts

Just finished installing the rear wheel with the motorcycle anchor valve stem installed. 2010 Ultra Classic with American Elite tires. Looks like two reports due there. One for the valve stems and the other for the tires.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
devious56
Cruiser

I would certainly be interested in that report. Are you going to put in here, or start a new thread?

Thanks,
David

Old 04-01-2013, 12:18 PM
DPelletier
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fathog
Your welcome, The Motorcycleanchor company most likely orders his via the same manufacturer, Italy, and just charges approx 1/3 more. I'm also getting mine from the eBay seller.
Thanks from me too; just ordered a pair off e-bay. They sure look identical, so I'm sure they are from the same source. I like the idea that they won't split or come out as well as making it easier to add air. I can't see how they would affect the balance to any significant degree and they are probably as light as the rubber valve they are replacing.

2 pennies,
Dave

Quick Reply: Angled valve stems for cast wheels