Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King CVO Owners - Tell Us About Your Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Road King CVO Owners - Tell Us About Your Sound System

I would like to add tunes to my Road King. Of course there's there fairing option, I'm also considering emulating the CVO sound system (pic) on my Road King. I would use aftermarket parts to build out the components. I think both (fairing/CVO) have pro's and cons.

However this thread is to hear (no pun intended) reviews of the HD CVO Road King sound system.

Any reviews would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 03-28-2013, 10:35 AM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I do NOT want to see or hear ANYTHING about those blue CVO Road Kings! Damn, they look good!
It's very hard to resist the urge to see what the dealer will give me on trade for one, but I'm doing my best!

Actually, I had talked to CycleSounds about setting up something similar on my bike, and they could set up a system very similar (actually probably better than stock). I'd use an ipod or my phone for the source. It would be a bit pricey, but I think it would be great to have a system that could be heard clearly at highway speeds!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ghosteh
I do NOT want to see or hear ANYTHING about those blue CVO Road Kings! Damn, they look good!
It's very hard to resist the urge to see what the dealer will give me on trade for one, but I'm doing my best!

Actually, I had talked to CycleSounds about setting up something similar on my bike, and they could set up a system very similar (actually probably better than stock). I'd use an ipod or my phone for the source. It would be a bit pricey, but I think it would be great to have a system that could be heard clearly at highway speeds!
That's what I'm thinking as well. I've priced it out to be around $1500

Cycle Sounds Saddle Bag Lids $359.00 Plus Paint which almost doubles the cost.
Fairing Factory Vented Lowers w/ Speakers $525.00
Soundstream PN4.520D $169.00
Polk Audio AA2651-A MM651 6.5 $137.00
Polk Audio AA2691-A MM691 6x9 $139.00

Or I just put a damn fairing on the bike and call it day!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:42 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Or I just put a damn fairing on the bike and call it day![/quote]

I say go for the fairing. I love my Reckless 6x9 fairing. I have a Sony MS-60, Polk MM691's and a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2 amp. No problem hearing it. LOL

I can take my fairing off in about 5 minutes and go back to the factory shield or no shield at all. You got to love the versatility of a Road King.

For $1500 you get all the sounds you want and wind protection too. I have about $1300 total in my fairing, paint and sound system.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have one and love the sound. it is loud enough for me and sounds great at all speeds. i am adding the zumo 665 so i don't have to think about songs on my nano or iphone and just use sat radio. i'm stoked for spring.

tin

Old 03-28-2013, 11:54 AM
fightingmajor
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is what I plan on doing.

I currently have a Dragonfly fairing with the little RF amp pushing 2 focal 6x9's.
Just ordered my HD lower fairings in which I will install 2 focal 6.5's running off the RF amp as well.
I have a list of parts to add to my bike to get the radio controls done, but that's a later this year project.
My next plan is to possibly install a small amp in one of my bags that with a series of switches will allow me to remove the Dragonfly fairing if I want, but not lose the ability to play music through the lower fairings.

So basically I can take everything off the bike (upper and lower fairings) and just have a road king, leave the lower fairings on and have a CVO road king (minus the nice engine parts) or have both fairings on and the best of all worlds.

It's probably over kill, but I get bored and like to try and figure out how to do different things.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Rode naked (figuratively speaking) today. Thought I'd bump this thread for some more RK CVO input on the sound system...

Old 04-03-2013, 03:08 PM
CoachJR
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reesestewww
I would like to add tunes to my Road King. Of course there's there fairing option, I'm also considering emulating the CVO sound system (pic) on my Road King. I would use aftermarket parts to build out the components. I think both (fairing/CVO) have pro's and cons.

However this thread is to hear (no pun intended) reviews of the HD CVO Road King sound system.

Any reviews would be appreciated.

Thanks

War Eagle?

Old 04-03-2013, 03:15 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by CoachJR
War Eagle?
For you, living in Birmingham WAR DAMN EAGLE

Old 04-03-2013, 03:19 PM
CoachJR