Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C-leather or vinyl/gel or not

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 PM
rockajet1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C&C-leather or vinyl/gel or not

I'm about to pull the trigger on a C&C solo w/ backrest. Looking for feed back as to leather vs. vinyl and whether the gel works. I'm not flush with cash, but I will spend what it takes for the right seat for my scooter. Any feedback on other solos is welcome, also.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 PM
All Aces
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

his leather solo is a great looking seat and with the leather it does not sweat.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:22 PM
tencrore
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the same; a solo with backrest. I ordered in leather no gel. I've heard that nothing sticks to the gel and, therefore, neither will the leather. Accordingly it may move a around. Didn't want to take that chance. As I seldom ride in the rain and my bike is always garaged I chose the leather. I know that it may not be as weather resistant than the vinyl but it is what it is!

Hope this helps.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 PM
2012UltraLimited
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had my new C&C fastback vinyl with gel insert for about a week. It is firm and comfortable. I also have the rider backrest. So far I have had no issues for comfort on short 1 hour rides and it feels like an all day trip would be no problem. the weekend here is looking nice for a good day ride so will have more info on the comfort. I chose the Vinyl because of what C&C said. In the long run we want these seats to look great long term and Vinyl will do that for us. never had a problem with sweating on a stock seat ( vinyl) so not concerned with that marketing idea (maybe down south in a warmer climate it could be an issue). I am very happy so far with the comfort and looks. Either way I am sure you will be happy with C&C

Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not on a C&C, but, I got leather seating surface and vinyl on the sides.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:14 AM
BackRoader
Road Master
Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Prefer leather myself. Tried many seats and ended up with a gel pad inserted into my stock seat. Love it. The foam in my seat was crushing down, causing me to ride on the pan. Gel insert fixed that problem. FYI the ride is not softer, just wont crush down like foam. Distributes weight better.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:33 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

I have a custom stitched leather C&C solo and I have to say that it took me a long time to get comfortable on this seat. I love the seat now but for awhile (and way past what people would think is the traditional break in period) I found myself going back to the stock seat for longer rides.

But now, I don't think my stock seat has seen the light of day in over a year. I am now in need of having the seat recovered and I'm thinking that the gel seat is what I need.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:42 AM
MichiganMikey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the all leather C&C solo. I love it. You will get permanent wrinkles in it but as long as you take care of it and keep it conditioned it will last a long time and not crack. I have no gel and it is very comfortable. Rode about 2300 miles in 3 days and never got saddle sore. Would never even consider making that trip on my stock seat.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:56 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 541 Posts

The Mercedes vinyl is super nice and will last forever!

I also have a leather Sports Touring too.

You CAN'T go wrong with C&C!

YB

Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

No gel. It does absolutely nothing for comfort and retains more heat than a pi$$ed off mother-in-law. Keep stitching and/or textures to a minimum - they make your fanny itch during long rides. If you simply must have fancy stitching you can relieve some of the discomfort with a sheep skin.

Quick Reply: C&C-leather or vinyl/gel or not