Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

myrtle beach 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 PM
mtnroadking
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be heading down 15th - 20th staying at Surfside Resort in Murrels Inlet area. I hope the beer is cold, the whisky plentyful and the women loose and ready to Party!!!! See you there folks!

Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 136 Posts

We went 2 years ago and had a great time. I think I saw more cars pulled over than I did bikes. My buddy has Big Shot exhaust and I have the ProPipe exhaust and neither of us had an ounce of issue with the police. Like others have said, ride like a sane person and you'll be fine. If you want to grab a bunch of throttle it's not that far away to find a bunch of back roads.

We're going from the 12-18th and staying in MB. Traded our time share for one on Grissom Pkwy that has no problem with bikes on the property.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 PM
KiloGolf4
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just watched the local news and the Myrtle Beach Speedway announced they will be hosting several vendors in the infield of the track. The MB Speedway is just west of MB, right next to the outlet shops off HWY501.

Be careful getting down here and y'all have a great time in our state. Everyone is welcome, no matter what the liberal yankees in MB would lead you to believe. Never in my life have I seen a group of individuals work so hard to get people to stop throwing money at them and their local economy...

Old 04-27-2013, 01:22 PM
07 SILVER BULLET
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default myrtle beach bike week

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
You will not regret attending MBBW, I have been going since the mid-90's. I have seen an increase in police presence over the years, but they don't really bother you unless you 'ask' them to. Just be mindful of your throttle and you will enjoy your trip.

Southern area has Murrells Inlet (SBB, Beaver Bar, Spokes & Bones) Northern area, Little River (Swing Bridge Saloon, Capt. Poo's). I might be wrong but the Little River area seems more active after sundown. Vendor spaces are strung along HWY 17 with concentration at Barefoot Landing. Harley dealerships are
North and South.

Rooming accommodations are everywhere from houses, condos or motel rooms. You can go to MBBW web site and find rentals of all types or do a Google search for rentals in the area you like.

Lastly, sometimes it's nice just to sit, have a cold beer and people/bike watch!!
this rally used to be awesome, but after they passed the new laws in an attempt to stop bikers from coming to town it sucks. the new laws were repealed, but the police are not very forgiving. i was there last fall and there was no one there. we went to the Rat Hole one day and we made a total of 3 bikes (there used to be hundreds of bikes there). i had a friend come down a couple of days into the rally and he got stopped by the highway patrol twice within the first couple of hours of rolling into town (and i dont think not having a mirror is "asking" to be stopped--as the above post stated). my advice go to THUNDER BEACH bike rally in PANAMA CITY.

Old 04-28-2013, 07:53 AM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 SILVER BULLET
this rally used to be awesome, but after they passed the new laws in an attempt to stop bikers from coming to town it sucks. the new laws were repealed, but the police are not very forgiving. i was there last fall and there was no one there. we went to the Rat Hole one day and we made a total of 3 bikes (there used to be hundreds of bikes there). i had a friend come down a couple of days into the rally and he got stopped by the highway patrol twice within the first couple of hours of rolling into town (and i dont think not having a mirror is "asking" to be stopped--as the above post stated). my advice go to THUNDER BEACH bike rally in PANAMA CITY.
I was at the same fall rally that you said you attended and there were crowds everywhere. You could not get in the parking lot at the Beavers Bar and SBB during the day. During the evenings in Little River at Swing Bridge Saloon and Capt. Poo's it was shoulder to shoulder people.

We have a little town here in NC named Lake Lure. Regarding loud pipes, they have sound ordinance signs everywhere. On one of my rides there last fall I was talking with a local policeman about this law. He stated that as long as a rider is not acting foolish they normally pay no attention to exhaust sounds. But, if the rider is acting like an idiot or endangering other people, loud pipes is a good place to start. Just saying again...don't give them a reason to call attention to yourself and you will be fine. This will be my 21st year at MBBW and I have never had a single issue with MB's finest.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by 07 SILVER BULLET
I call total BS on this. No people?,they had the SC state hog rally here for christ sake last October too,while the rally was going on. It was people and crowds everywhere.