Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I crazy, trade a CVO Softail for a Stock Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013 | 01:16 AM
dehammerschmidt
|
6th Gear
Default Am I crazy, trade a CVO Softail for a Stock Street Glide

I've struggled to love my bike for a long time. I own. CVO Softail ConV, 2011 with less than 2k miles. For some reason, I am convinced that I would love a touring bike, specifically a Street Glide more.

I was made an offer today to trade my CVO for a 2013 Street Glide for 25k. That would leave me about 2k to use on upgrades to my new bike.

It seems ridiculous to even consider this but I wanted to see what others thought. I appreciate any opinions

Old 03-25-2013 | 01:22 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member

If you can get that $$$ go for it. Sounds like you don't ride it anyway with 2K. I would suggest taking a test ride first. Maybe test ride a RoadGlide also.

Old 03-25-2013 | 02:07 AM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member

Be already done deal if it was me.

Old 03-25-2013 | 03:51 AM
POP TOP
Advanced

I know how you feel, was in that same situation with my crossbones. Made the switch and couldn't be happier!! Miss it sometimes but not that bad.

Old 03-25-2013 | 04:07 AM
drukanfu
Supporter

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
If you can get that $$$ go for it. Sounds like you don't ride it anyway with 2K. I would suggest taking a test ride first. Maybe test ride a RoadGlide also.

+1

Old 03-25-2013 | 04:47 AM
fishbust
Tourer

Originally Posted by 103 sedona orange
If you can get that $$$ go for it. Sounds like you don't ride it anyway with 2K.
X2. Get a bike you will ride.

Old 03-25-2013 | 05:11 AM
Loc_Tite
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dehammerschmidt
I've struggled to love my bike for a long time. I own. CVO Softail ConV, 2011 with less than 2k miles. For some reason, I am convinced that I would love a touring bike, specifically a Street Glide more.

I was made an offer today to trade my CVO for a 2013 Street Glide for 25k. That would leave me about 2k to use on upgrades to my new bike.

It seems ridiculous to even consider this but I wanted to see what others thought. I appreciate any opinions
What am I missing here- it should leave you with about 5k, not 2k?

Anyway get what you want, but that softail convertible CVO is one sweet looking bike. I never rode one so I can't say anything to that end of things. I thought I wanted a Street Glide myself for awhile but after some time riding one I realized it just isn't for me- make sure you ride what you think you want and don't just take others' word for it.

Old 03-25-2013 | 06:26 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member

The CVO Softail Convertible, while nice, was overpriced in the first place. If you can get the SG + cash, you would be stupid not to do it.

Shakey

Old 03-25-2013 | 06:38 AM
PhoneGuy-MI
Tourer

Why not ask the dealer to allow you to test ride a SG for the weekend and then make your decision? Also, what are the reasons that attract you to a SG? Know these questions before you test ride and see if they are all answered as you would expect.
For me it would be a no brainer - I would have already traded the bike in and started shopping for the $2k of add-ons.

Old 03-25-2013 | 06:58 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member

Rent a street Glide for a few days and see if it's your thing. If So, I'd suggest selling your bike yourself and then buying a 2012 CVO Street Glide. Then you still have a CVO and are not out that much out lay of cash.

Quick Reply: Am I crazy, trade a CVO Softail for a Stock Street Glide