Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pack Liner/ Luggage

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Kokes58
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tour Pack Liner/ Luggage

Has any one used or have any feedback on the liner or luggage that fits directly in to the tour pack? I want to make our weekend trips a little easier. It would be nice if I could give the wife a bag and say this is what you have for your clothes and then just take it out when we arrive. Thanks for the inputs.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:51 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same question. I bought the TP for my SG, and it didn't come felt lined like they do on the Ultras, so I can forever hear **** rattling around back there. I'm probably going to get at a minimum liners for my TP as well as my saddlebags, but I've heard quite a few complaints about how the Harley versions connect with their "hook and loop" attachment system. I'm curious to see what others have for feedback for you on this question.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:57 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts

Yup! We've got the set, one for each saddlebag, plus the tourpak. Arrive at hotel, remove three bags and enter, all nonchalant like! Be aware that the tourpak bag is easily overfilled and can get darned heavy. They are all sturdy strong cloth but with nothing to stiffen them, so they don't keep their hard bag shape.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:14 PM
cp1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got T-Bag bags the saddlebags are great but the tour pack bag is so floppy that it's a PITA to get loaded. But they work and it's better than making 6 trips from the room to the bike.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:33 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I added the liner to our '03 RK King TP our '12 RGU came with it, had bought the luggage as a set of three, the twin saddle bag bags and the TP bag. I find we use the TP bag as the main clothing bag, the saddles get the extra stuff like jackets, hat, gloves, rain gear, stuff bought on the route. We also bought a BESTEM TP rack bag, has Velcro straps to hold it in place on the rack then the shoulder strap is taken around the rack to fully secure it just as the HD bag does, we leave it pretty much empty with a small mesh duffel inside for dirty laundry and helmets for those states allowing riding without.

All in all, four decent sized bags to carry our stuff, two up can carry into a hotel readily and easily with room for purchases on long trips. When we get to overload on trips we stop at Going Postal or UPS or a USPS office, box up what we can and send it home.

Been lots of packing tips on here as to how much and where and how to pack, I have found four days changes of underwear, socks, t-shirts, two pair extra jeans and a single heavy shirt is enough for me with a toilet kit set of essentials. Wife has to have 5 days stuff even as I will stop and launder anyway so I pack hers as I can effectively. We have found rolled clothes take up less room, even over 'Space Bags', roll all and set in the TP bag standing on end, ease of removal or placement, do not have to empty the bag for single items and easy to spot to choose from. A pair of flip flops or a flatter set of tennis shoes in a side bag for those times the shoes get wet, can stop and pickup older newspapers to pack and dry shoes at a hotel desk office, most keep extras.

I have found a set of those laundry packets in a large plastic meds bottle works good with a few dryer sheets in a ziplock, taking a roll or two of quarters for laundry as most hotels have machines available just may not have change or soap.

Last edited by ddm502001; 03-23-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I have the same question. I bought the TP for my SG, and it didn't come felt lined like they do on the Ultras, so I can forever hear **** rattling around back there. I'm probably going to get at a minimum liners for my TP as well as my saddlebags, but I've heard quite a few complaints about how the Harley versions connect with their "hook and loop" attachment system. I'm curious to see what others have for feedback for you on this question.
Add the liners and don't worry about the "hook and loop attachment system", they aren't going anywhere. I never used them, I just stuck in the liners.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:12 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the expandable luggage bag made for the luggage rack. I love it. On and off very quickly. Shoulder strap to attach, and has the capacity that I easily packed for a 3 week trip last year.

I mostly just used the tour pack to throw trash, and things purchased.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:13 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,864 Likes on 19,341 Posts

Originally Posted by Kokes58
Has any one used or have any feedback on the liner or luggage that fits directly in to the tour pack? I want to make our weekend trips a little easier. It would be nice if I could give the wife a bag and say this is what you have for your clothes and then just take it out when we arrive. Thanks for the inputs.
The bags that come with the Ultra work real good .... you can usually find a set here or on E-Bay for a reasonable price ... Here's a heads up for you I have an 09 Ultra and the Tour-Pak bag that came with the 09 offers a bit "too much" packing room. Once the ol' gal has it full it can be a bit of a tight ( real tight ) fit to get it into the Tour-Pak ... I now use the Tour-Pak bag out of my 92 in my 09 and she can stuff it jam packed full ( even lay it on the floor and jump on to pack more - I really think she does that sometimes ) and it will still fit into the Tour-Pak quite easily! Just my .02 cents worth.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:15 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Add the liners and don't worry about the "hook and loop attachment system", they aren't going anywhere. I never used them, I just stuck in the liners.
Will do, thanks!

Old 03-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I bought the premium liner (not realizing that it was just like the grey one that comes stock) for my SG. Looks killer and I refused to use the velcro to hold it in place. Kinda silly because it sits there!

As for the liners/bags I have been looking for some reviews on the ones that are available on ebay for a while. I was looking at the Harley ones, River Roads and one other brand that I can't think of.

Quick Reply: Tour Pack Liner/ Luggage