Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 flhtci repair estimate

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:06 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 06 flhtci repair estimate

I NEVER declared I hated anyone!
Just not too thrilled when a dealer or moco claims a non hd part is
causing the problem I was having. But then FAILS to diagnose that
theory and PROVE it.
They always went off to something else (injector upgrade,sert, rebuild engine)
None of which fixed the base problem.
You would think that if they are going to blame the non hd part, they would at least
take steps to prove it.... right?
I advocated a POSSIBLE class action as a last option and if there were enough other
people also experiencing the same problematic symptoms as me, and were NOT getting the
bike fixed properly by the different dealers. There are other options to consider and persue
first.
Now go back and read previous post about conclusions on the supposedly bent frame, which I doubt it is.
But my personal opinion from past experiences, that if this frame bent from this accident, then hd definitely needs to do something about them, because this hit was NOT hard enough to bend any frame.
I do NOT want a 6 speed, where i live and the riding I do it would be almost useless.I would spend too much time in 5th gear at elevated rpms and not in optimal cruising rpm range.
currently I think with the tranny complaints out there There will eventually be a recall, guess we will wait and see.
But hate anybody....???? no I don't hate anybody.
I do think the dealers and moco need to do a better job in diagnosing a complaint and not
try to automatically blame a NON HD part and not bother to prove it!
Someday sooner or later you will be in the same situation, we'll see how you feel then.
Be sure to come back here and let us know.

ORIGINAL: oley55

Whackone, you about hit the nail on the head.

Choochooseems to absolutely hate his 06, hates two different dealers, hates the MoCo, searches for help on class action suits against any andall,is pissed because they are concerned his frame may be bent, declares H-D frames must be junk, and then startstalking about wanting another 06 because of all the problems with 07,s.

I'd think one aswell informed would have taken out some Gap Insurance or purchased an insurance policy rider forreplacement value. that way he could get out from underneath this 06he seems to dislikeso much.

ORIGINAL: Whackone

ChooChoo, So what happened? I'm confused.
You supposedly crashed on the 1st of February in Cheyenne, Weather says there was a blizzard.
You bought a Sert on the 10th, for what?
You complained about trouble with the POS radio on the fourth?
You tried to find a GPS for a Street Glide on the 7th.
Compalaint letter posted on the forum to HDMOCO on the 10th

I've lived my entire life in Wyoming. I don't know about the east side of the state but, on the western side, we don't hunt for attention by BS'ing. If we have a problem we settle it. I've delt with Maverick HD in Cheyenne and they seem to be stand up.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:18 PM
choochoo
Banned

I told you I've been procrastinating on the rebuild, work, life and home building come first.
Not been in any hurry to get it done. And some new pics are coming up of where I'm at now.
Plus it takes a chunk of money to buy parts, upgrades, paint etc.
I know of some people who have taken a lot longer than me to do a rebuild.
There is no time limit on a project like this.
And I haven't been shot down in the class action.
It is still a viable option, but it is a last resort option, if there is enough other people with the same problem to sign on.
since My girlfriend has no problem with it being in the living room what's it to you.
Let's see, she goes to work before me, so she stokes up the wood stove makes coffee, hugs and kisses me goodby (5:00am) drive 20 miles to town to work, gets off before me, comes home fires up the wood burner, gets supper ready, helps haul and stack the wood and keeps the bed and me warm at night. Helps shovel snow out of driveway when needed. Helps lay floor tile and the remodeling of house. And she rides her own she bought and paid for herself.
So I guess if she doesn't mind it can sit in here and I can take as long as I want to do the job.
ORIGINAL: SteelCityScooter

ORIGINAL: slick813

I think I am going to have to call BULLSH$T, this story is way to goofy to be true, anyone that says there bike flipped over from side to side and that the bike should not be hurt based on the fact that the rider wasnt, has got to be pulling our leg.
It is quite interesting..........

after his being shot down on the class action approach

......................the rebuild that started to show us his "abilities" as a Harley Mechanic on an earlier model Ultra.
But the "ongoing rebuild"(located in his livingroom)is being documented with Pictures timestamped four years ago.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:32 PM
choochoo
Banned

Well I didn't happen to buy the ......"GAP" insurance just regular full coverage.
So did you read the post on economics and financials.
first I do not believe this frame is bent, and after talking with the dealer Sat. they are NOT
confirming it either, they only think maybe .......
Well I think they better confirm it before they make the claim.... don't you?
now under most conditions full coverage insurance and bike being totaled.
they do NOT give full value of bike.
They contact roughly 20 dealers in the area you live and get retail value of bike.
average that out for what they will pay for it.
Now if you still owe on the bike $18,000 and they say it is only worth (or was) $16000.
You have to pay the remainder. then depending on your credit (and I have good) you need to find and re-finance another bike and start all over from square one with four or more years of payments. And NO guarantee this bike will be better or less trouble prone.
Higher insurance (newer bike plus the total out) higher registration and of course sales tax again.
Now assuming my frame is not bent and I don't think it is.
I can subtract about $2400 of unneded parts from the estimate, Plus a substantial amount of dealer labor. Bike will be cosmetically like new for about $7500.
Yes my original problem will still be there, but the dealer has confirmed they WILL find the cause of the problem and fix it (it is only one problem) Then I'm sure over all the bike will be a good bike.
Remember during the first 6 -7 months this bike ran GREAT I had no complaints. My complaint started when the dealers started blaming NON HD parts but FAILED to properly diagnose and PROVE they were at fault!!
Now after I get it back and if it does not handle right and frame is determined to be bent, The insurance will re-open the claim and supply the frame. So it could be done later!
But I don't believe the frame is bent.
ORIGINAL: hd2007

Now this is starting to become B.S. Why would you want that bike fixed ? I would take a hammer to it before the adjuster saw it and make sure that frame look like a pretzel . Total it out get a new one and be a little more careful with the next bike , good luck.
ORIGINAL: oley55

Whackone, you about hit the nail on the head. Say ya don't suppose he ran outa cheese and crackers?

Choochooseems to absolutely hate his 06, hates two different dealers, hates the MoCo, searches for help on class action suits against any andall,is pissed because they are concerned his frame may be bent, declares H-D frames must be junk, and then startstalking about wanting another 06 because of all the problems with 07,s.

I'd think one so supremely righteous and incredibly well informed would have taken out some Gap Insurance or purchased an insurance policy rider forreplacement value. that way he could get out from underneath the H-D's he hates so much, go metric, and thenshare his incessantly negative views on some other poor unsuspecting forum.

Oh well I guesswe stand a better chance of winning the Lottery than seeing that happen.

ORIGINAL: Whackone

ChooChoo, So what happened? I'm confused.
You supposedly crashed on the 1st of February in Cheyenne, Weather says there was a blizzard.
You bought a Sert on the 10th, for what?
You complained about trouble with the POS radio on the fourth?
You tried to find a GPS for a Street Glide on the 7th.
Compalaint letter posted on the forum to HDMOCO on the 10th

I've lived my entire life in Wyoming. I don't know about the east side of the state but, on the western side, we don't hunt for attention by BS'ing. If we have a problem we settle it. I've delt with Maverick HD in Cheyenne and they seem to be stand up.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry - but this is just WAY too much drama. Dude, you've kvetched over and again about this bike - about HD - about HD dealers - an' now you're going to rebuild it YOURSELF?!? You sit there and challenge every aspect of a repair claim, but I can already hear you complaining about it if they miss something. Scratches ARE an insurable loss - they're TRYING to make sure you get a NICE bike back.

And if they DO total it, they have to include sales taxes as an additional loss item. Further, IF you have it insured properly, you'll have a rider that'll cover accessories you may have added.

I've gotta agree with so many of the others - this is BS - because every time someone points something out, you want to argue about it to prove why YOU are right, and the rest of the world is wrong.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:13 PM
choochoo
Banned

I'm making a silly a** assumption here.
Computers and the ability to follow a forum thread is apparently just too complicated for a lot of you.
Did NOT say I was going to rebuild it myself.
Other than the wreck there was only one problem with the bike.
My problem was not with the bike itself.
But with the attitude and lame policies of the dealer(s) and moco.
Rather than belief there could possibly be something wrong with the bike, they want to automatically go into defense mode.
BLAME NON HD PARTS but NEVER make a diagnosis that those parts are the problem
(How many times must I repeat that before you guys get it in your head)
Why should we (collectively) put up with shoddy dealer troubleshooting and placing the blame on anything that is NON HD, if they can not or do not prove it on the first or second repair attempt?
Yes the scratches are insurable, but these are NOT from the wreck. If you all (collectively)ride as much as you claim, then over time you are going to see fine scratch marks in your windshield and air deflectors and clutch and brake handles.. this is ordinary everyday wear these are what I'm talking about and what the dealer is claiming on the estimate. I don't feel these should be paid for by the insurance company.
A scratch from and caused by the WRECK (which would be more obvious) yes that should be.
I do NOT plan on doing the assembly my self Let the dealer and insurance do that.
Yes but read the post on financials above.
If it is totalled needlessly, then I would end up paying more in the long run, that does not make sense financially. And I'm not guaranteed that bike won't have some type of problem either.
Now I do NOT believe the frame itself is bent, but will have to wait until dealer gets the suspected area stripped down (which is what he should of done in the first place when before he made the claim, he should of CONFIRMED his suspicions first)
Well before somebody starts flaming me over something, first go read the posts, I've probably already explained that somewhere, and instead of flaming speak politely.
Now are we making this more clear?
ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

I'm sorry - but this is just WAY too much drama. Dude, you've kvetched over and again about this bike - about HD - about HD dealers - an' now you're going to rebuild it YOURSELF?!? You sit there and challenge every aspect of a repair claim, but I can already hear you complaining about it if they miss something. Scratches ARE an insurable loss - they're TRYING to make sure you get a NICE bike back.

And if they DO total it, they have to include sales taxes as an additional loss item. Further, IF you have it insured properly, you'll have a rider that'll cover accessories you may have added.

I've gotta agree with so many of the others - this is BS - because every time someone points something out, you want to argue about it to prove why YOU are right, and the rest of the world is wrong.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:46 PM
slick813
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:54 PM
choochoo
Banned

Pretty much my idea too.
Having to explain myself so many times gets boring.
ORIGINAL: slick813

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:22 AM
oley55
Road Captain

TexasRedneck,

yep-per, I'm with ya on this one. It's pretty sad....no matter how long and hard ya polish a t*rd, in the end it'sstill a t*rd.Not meaning anyone is a t*rd, but we are who we are, and not much can be done to change that. If whinning and transferring blame is ChooChoo'sthing, there ain't no amount of discussion or rationalization will change that or even get him to reflect for even a second. It'll be usor them, but never him.

wonder what his rebuttal will be now. probably gonna threaten to sue me or something.......may God have mercy on and mend his poor tormentedsole.

in the interest of civil behavior and his mental health, I'm gonna try real hard to make this is mylast and final post to, from, or about this poor man.But then again, if i seem him espousing his wisdom on the07 transmission noises again, I just may not be able to containmyself. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Madav8tr
Road Captain

Having to explain myself so many times gets boring.
Then stop

Old 02-20-2007, 01:21 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Now are we making this more clear?
No - but don't let it bother ya none...we'uns is used ta it when ya post.

Quick Reply: 06 flhtci repair estimate